Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   BRAG set up 10k DOTA MATCH vs KUROSH (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534932)

DonkeyKing 10-31-2007 04:42 AM

Re: BRAG set up 10k DOTA MATCH vs KUROSH

If you've just read this thread and you are lost here's a light explanation of what he's talking about.

DOTA = Defenders of the Ancients
WC3 = WarCraft 3
mod = custom game

This is a real time strategy game. Object of the game is to destroy the enemy base. 2 teams, teams consist of 1-5 players on each side. There are over 80 heroes to choose from where you build your characters over time through leveling and buying items. Players raise money by killing 'creeps' that spawn on the map. The game has been around for 5+ years now and one can say is much like poker. EZ to learn, a life time to master. No joke. The basics of learning the game is just like learning what hand beats what at the very beginning. But mastering last creep kill, denying creeps is the equivalent of knowing when to fold your ace high flush vs someone's FH on the river.

Additionally, this game has become so popular that there are teams now that are sponsored to play in world wide tournaments. It is the most popular Real Time Strategy mod ever made.

Shaqizzle 10-31-2007 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
denying creeps is the equivalent of knowing when to fold your ace high flush vs someone's FH on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did this make me laugh uncontrollably , good post on trying to explain what DoTA is, but only until you play it will you know what it is.

And it's true that you can make money playing this video game, last month my team made 2k playing DoTA.

DonkeyKing 10-31-2007 04:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And it's true that you can make money playing this video game, last month my team made 2k playing DoTA.

[/ QUOTE ]

what team? Pandemic? I used to game with the coL. dudes daily before CAL got involved.

SecretOfMana 10-31-2007 05:00 AM

I've played with raptor, durrr, and gobbo a couple times. They're all pretty decent (cept durrr, he sucks). Anyway, they usually play on east, I play on west. If you play on west come to channel Clan 2p2, there are alot of 2p2 members already in the clan. (Yes, there's gambling SOMETIMES, but most of the time its just inhouse games for fun) Honestly though putting moeny on the line takes some enjoyment out of dota. So if you are looking for some inhouse games or simply hang out with some poker players that play dota come to channel clan 2p2 on west. (we're normally around at 9pm)

its_just_me 10-31-2007 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you've just read this thread and you are lost here's a light explanation of what he's talking about.

DOTA = Defenders of the Ancients
WC3 = WarCraft 3
mod = custom game

This is a real time strategy game. Object of the game is to destroy the enemy base. 2 teams, teams consist of 1-5 players on each side. There are over 80 heroes to choose from where you build your characters over time through leveling and buying items. Players raise money by killing 'creeps' that spawn on the map. The game has been around for 5+ years now and one can say is much like poker. EZ to learn, a life time to master. No joke. The basics of learning the game is just like learning what hand beats what at the very beginning. But mastering last creep kill, denying creeps is the equivalent of knowing when to fold your ace high flush vs someone's FH on the river.

Additionally, this game has become so popular that there are teams now that are sponsored to play in world wide tournaments. It is the most popular Real Time Strategy mod ever made.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh ok. so elky would pwn it, right?

pdoran10 10-31-2007 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw dota sucks compared to real 1v1 or 2v2

[/ QUOTE ]

btw no-one cares

[/ QUOTE ]

jay, check ur PM box.

eviljeff 10-31-2007 12:46 PM

practical DOTA in an impractical world

Shizzle12345 10-31-2007 12:51 PM

how can you level your hero's so much? Are they that stupid?

dying2win 10-31-2007 01:04 PM

wow gay

dotbum 10-31-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
whats DOTA lol?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the clown expansion for DOTA.