Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Built and lost bankroll (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=529100)

ImsaKidd 10-23-2007 12:48 PM

Re: Built and lost bankroll

[ QUOTE ]
Redeposit $200 and play the 1/2nl tables with $40 buyin. You'll instantly turn your 1x buyin bankroll into a 5x bankroll and it'll be easier to handle the swings.

[/ QUOTE ]

Imsakidd Theorem

rand 10-23-2007 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't get it either. Carol-Ann explain? Especially since he's complete rubbish!

[/ QUOTE ]Are you doing this "levelling" thing now? How can you call the author of many best-selling poker books and near-winner of many tournaments "complete rubbish"!? Asplain yourself!

[censored] online kids thinking they own the internats... [censored] [censored] of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol you are funnier than OP, this thread turned my frown upside down today... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Boquense 10-23-2007 01:04 PM

This is a gimmick.... nice one OP.

If I'm wrong, there are a couple things you need to get clear in your mind.

1. You are not good at poker. Not even slightly. I know that sounds harsh.

2. Not being able to walk away is serious; you should seriously consider giving up all forms of gambling if you are truly incapable of walking away while losing.

EgoSlasher 10-23-2007 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel comfortable at $1/$2. I do well... I just think I have a problem. I think I can't walk away when I'm on tilt. I allow myself to keep playing. I'm going to go broke if I keep this up... I honestly can't believe I lost everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit poker and never play it again, this may not be a problem you can fix.

ssnyc 10-23-2007 01:17 PM

sigh...this was pretty amusing...best part of it all was that there was some good advice buried in the pile but OP obviously has made a careful study and is choosing to ignore it...

GoldenIP 10-23-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't get it either. Carol-Ann explain? Especially since he's complete rubbish!

[/ QUOTE ]Are you doing this "levelling" thing now? How can you call the author of many best-selling poker books and near-winner of many tournaments "complete rubbish"!? Asplain yourself!

[censored] online kids thinking they own the internats... [censored] [censored] of [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly Carol, I'm 26 and am the co-founder of a successful software company based out of London, UK and Abu Dhabi, UAE so I'm not an "online kid" [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But I'll let you off there...easy mistake.

Secondly, I don't rate anyone who hasn't been there and done it in the cash games. If Phil Gordon sat down even as low as the 2/4NL games online, the sharks would swarm. He's had a few good tourney's, got a name for himself, wrote a few successful books. More power to him for taking the initiative and reaping the benefits of his fame. A good player? Sorry he is not that until he grinds out thousands of cash game hands and turns a profit. Anyone can get lucky winning a few donkaments.

If I was Patrik Antonius and I read 2+2, I'd be bloody offended if I was included in the same sentence as Phil Gordon. That is lol material!

Anyways, this topic is about how awesome our OP is! Let's get back on topic! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

linuxrocks 10-23-2007 01:56 PM

He is the new FGators only with "I run break even, and I have huge 4 buy-in downswings, and I can't get away from the tables". Dude, the BBV forum is over there. TxBye.

T0ne D0wn 10-23-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the funniest [censored] thread I've read all year and lo and behold, it's in the Medium Stakes Forum. Honestly it's killin' me!

I can't believe I'm giving advice here but OP, listen to some of these guys. They are well-established long-term winners. As whoever it was that said it, the sarcasm offers useful advice. You sound very much like a Bluescouse in the making. Do your research on him and don't take after this guy. Finally, OP, as mentioned, these guys are successful for a reason. Don't come asking for advice and basically refuse to accept any thrown your way. Yes, 2+2 can be a harsh environment but if you look past some of that, it's probably the place that will improve your game the most...and it's not even close.

Carol-Ann: you seem like a sweet lady but either you're re-leveling or getting mad levelled here:

[ QUOTE ]
Plus you shouldn't post your small blind I heard playing out of position is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Either way, MANY of the posts in this thread gave me a right chuckle! I usually want these threads to burn but 2+2 has been at its finest with wit in this one [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this honestly the funniest thread you have ever read? I think it is sad if he is being serious and if its a gimmick account then meh.

AceCR9 10-23-2007 02:33 PM

people like the OP are the reason online poker is still so profitable

yli 10-23-2007 02:38 PM

Come and play at PartyPoker where everyone is nice and friendly!