Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   KT gets teh road rage - TR (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520633)

27offsuit 10-11-2007 03:44 PM

Re: KT gets teh road rage - TR

I deal with a specific rotary every day, and people do this every day and it pisses me off to no end:

I approach the rotary and come to a complete stop.
The rotary entrance to my left and the rotary exit to my right is more of 'the main road' than my entrance and the one straight across from me.
For some reason, most of the asshats entering to the left of me just treat this like a straight road and don't even slow down one iota when approaching.
Sometimes I'll approach, stop, and 4 or 5 cars will just keep on blasting through the rotary coming in from my left.
It's not even a rolling stop. It's just a '[censored] you, I'm going'.
Stuff like this just gets me going. Just basic disregard for everyone but you.

I've recently begun letting the first car go, and then just pulling out in front of the next douchebag who doesn't feel he has to stop and wait like everyone else.

Every day. Like clockwork.

BCPVP 10-11-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Somebody please explain to me wtf this rotary thing you people have on the East Coast. It sounds like a fantastic way to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's what I've always called a "roundabout" or "traffic circle" or, when I want to be rude about it a "traffic circle jerk" (inspired by the "before and after" category on "Wheel of Fortune"). Several streets feed into a big circle. You are supposed to yield to traffic in the circle, enter it, and exit to the street you want, assuming your sense of direction hasn't been completely scrambled by driving around in circles. Why anybody ever thought this is a good idea is beyond me. They seem to be catching on in mountain towns in Colorado, unfortunately.

[/ QUOTE ]
My dad buys right-of-way for municipalities in Wisconsin and has said that one of the reasons roundabouts are becoming more popular is because they're much cheaper than installing a traffic light. Plus they're supposed to keep traffic moving. Great in theory, but I've already had to slam on my brakes a few times to avoid people who go flying into the roundabout. Roundabouts are nice when everyone knows and obeys the rules of them.

27offsuit 10-11-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My favorite story:

About a year and a half ago I was driving up to NYC with my girlfriend at the time (actually she was driving), and this guy pretty flagrantly cuts us off getting on to the NJ turnpike from an on-ramp....

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying your GF was driving in the right lane as she approached an on-ramp with cars merging onto the highway and didn't slow down, or better yet move over to let them merge?

In short...YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

It's a good thing you have a mean throat slice going.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been a while so I don't remember the exact details, but this was not the case. The guy was very clearly at fault. My GF probably shouldn't have given him the finger, but w/e.

btw, slowing down in the situation you describe is never the correct play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. Moving over is.

Los Feliz Slim 10-11-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He leaped out of his car and tore off his shirt, challenging me to a fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41CuafQfanQ

[/ QUOTE ]

This is, by far, the funniest [censored] road rage video I have ever seen in my entire life.

It's 6:30 long, but damn it IT IS [censored] AWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_gL7Az53o

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think that's real. Don't they say something about being in Texas? They all have Canadian accents. The ending is also very implausible.

blinden84 10-11-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I deal with a specific rotary every day, and people do this every day and it pisses me off to no end:

I approach the rotary and come to a complete stop.
The rotary entrance to my left and the rotary exit to my right is more of 'the main road' than my entrance and the one straight across from me.
For some reason, most of the asshats entering to the left of me just treat this like a straight road and don't even slow down one iota when approaching.
Sometimes I'll approach, stop, and 4 or 5 cars will just keep on blasting through the rotary coming in from my left.
It's not even a rolling stop. It's just a '[censored] you, I'm going'.
Stuff like this just gets me going. Just basic disregard for everyone but you.

I've recently begun letting the first car go, and then just pulling out in front of the next douchebag who doesn't feel he has to stop and wait like everyone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are my kind of driver, along with slow play.

It's simple, follow the rules and be courteous, stay out of people's way and don't own the road, just share it. But not ridiculous courtesy, I also hate when it's a 4 way stop and some ass lady waves everyone through and delays [censored] and gets it all messed up because she's afraid of the intersection.

Slow Play Ray 10-11-2007 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past a friend of mine who gets into a lot of fights (or used to) had told me that removing one's shirt when about to engage in a fistfight was a wise maneuver, because it gives your opponent less to grab onto. Thus, this nutbag's immediate shirt-removal made me think he was 100% ready to go (as if there was any remaining doubt) and that he did this sort of thing often. All this info together added up to me not getting out of the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i mean i don't know you personally or anything, but i would guess 98 times out of 100 you're getting your ass kicked there.

27offsuit 10-11-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is, by far, the funniest [censored] road rage video I have ever seen in my entire life.

It's 6:30 long, but damn it IT IS [censored] AWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh_gL7Az53o

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think that's real. Don't they say something about being in Texas? They all have Canadian accents. The ending is also very implausible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Canadian?!

I think it's real. I could be wrong.

Canadian?!

CORed 10-11-2007 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CORed,

You have obviously forgotten the first rule of rotaries.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't talk about rotaries?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you explained it, because when I read the first reply it just made a whooshing noise as it flew over my head at high speed. After I understood the joke I laughed. And I'm not even blond. Go figure.

Slow Play Ray 10-11-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

except rotaries go counter-clockwise...[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Kneel B4 Zod 10-11-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you actually think passing on the right is a "dick move" when there's someone just cruising along in the left lane blocking traffic, you're in a very, very small minority.

[/ QUOTE ]

not only is this accepted around Boston, not only do people use the breakdown lane to pass on the right, but it's actually legal to do so during rush hour