Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **** ALDS GAME 3 Tribe/Yanks (Westbrook vs. Clemens)**** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=517754)

kyleb 10-07-2007 07:49 PM

Re: **** ALDS GAME 3 Tribe/Yanks (Westbrook vs. Clemens)****

I have explained this a lot, but it's because they do the same [censored] the Yankees do but complain about being victimized by large payrolls. The difference is that New York doesn't give a [censored] and they openly admit they are trying to buy a World Series. They aren't delusional about what they are.

chim17 10-07-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have explained this a lot, but it's because they do the same [censored] the Yankees do but complain about being victimized by large payrolls. The difference is that New York doesn't give a [censored] and they openly admit they are trying to buy a World Series. They aren't delusional about what they are.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I can't stand them as well.. They are yankees-lite.

Riverman 10-07-2007 07:52 PM

WTF @ throwing to third w/ 1 out.

Kos13 10-07-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I can't stand them as well.. They are yankees-lite.

[/ QUOTE ]

...but they're smarter, have a better GM, Bill James in the front office, and are based in a better city. Oh, and there's no such thing as "True Red Sox."

Vic, WTF?

ADLinden 10-07-2007 07:52 PM

well that was a dumb play by vic

kyleb 10-07-2007 07:52 PM

There is no shame in an owner dumping a ton of money into a team and trying to buy a WS. That's a fan's owner right there. At least admit what you are doing.

P.S.

WHAT THE [censored] WAS THAT, JUST GET THE FORCE OUT YOU IDIOT

RivaLiva 10-07-2007 07:53 PM

Come on victor, get the easy out at 1st and leave the guy on 3rd with 2 outs.

slystyle012 10-07-2007 07:54 PM

Home run...one [censored] time!!!!!!1

Kos13 10-07-2007 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no shame in an owner dumping a ton of money into a team and trying to buy a WS. That's a fan's owner right there. At least admit what you are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the Yankees have a ridiculous advantage over everyone else thanks to the YES network. Plus, they're based in the biggest market in the country. For example, you don't go into a hat store in any city in the country and see 25% of the hats with a Pirates logo...but you do with the Yankees, and that's not due to anything Steinbrenner does.

Kos13 10-07-2007 07:56 PM

Vic totally F'd us.