Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   barryg: "we're anti-shark now" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509912)

Mr_Mxyztplk 09-26-2007 07:45 PM

Re: barryg: \"we\'re anti-shark now\"

I still stand by the over and under of 6.5 million, any takers?

TxRedMan 09-26-2007 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
someone in property have an idea of what the pad is worth?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe $300k-$400k minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I am not an expert, but I would think a property that size in RPV would go for a lot more than that. Whether it's 5x more or 10x more, I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you guys notice that it's 100yds from the ocean?

just to compare- in san francisco 2M can get you a ranch style 3000 sq ft home in a nice neighborhood. in so.cal it's not much different, in fact, sometimes more expensive.

barry's house had to be >5000 sq. ft.

i think in his book he said he wanted to buy the house across the street, and it was 20M, but then he did something stupid and couldnt afford it.

i doubt it's less than 10M, and probably around 12M, especially with the improvements.

SenatorKevin 09-26-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I am not an expert, but I would think a property that size in RPV would go for a lot more than that. Whether it's 5x more or 10x more, I'm not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you guys notice that it's 100yds from the ocean?

just to compare- in san francisco 2M can get you a ranch style 3000 sq ft home in a nice neighborhood. in so.cal it's not much different, in fact, sometimes more expensive.

barry's house had to be >5000 sq. ft.

i think in his book he said he wanted to buy the house across the street, and it was 20M, but then he did something stupid and couldnt afford it.

i doubt it's less than 10M, and probably around 12M, especially with the improvements.

[/ QUOTE ]

100yds? There's some golf holes inbetween the house and the ocean. Still a ridiculously expensive house.

Sensational1 09-26-2007 07:52 PM

LOL at these house price estimates. My parents have a house in rancho Palos verdes that is 4600 Square feet and not even close to as impressive. It is worth 2 Mil++. His house is easily in the 8+ million. It looks to be at least 9K square feet.

gobbomom 09-26-2007 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

coordi 09-26-2007 07:57 PM

I too do my thinking in the shower

JMa 09-26-2007 08:03 PM

jesus christ what a sick house. barry ftw

DesertCat 09-26-2007 08:24 PM

love the chandelier.

GeniusToad 09-26-2007 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

without the house there, you mean?

glimmertwin 09-26-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Beautiful house, completly tasteless interior design.

i'll put the over and under at 6.5 million

[/ QUOTE ]wrt tasteless interior design he talks about it in the video and I agree with what he says 100%. He values functionality more than anything else. He got rid of the dining room that he never used to add a pool table/game room. Brilliant, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the most telling thing was his saying that he picks up most of his ideas from interior design from the hotels that he stays in -- and it did look rather like a Vegas hotel in some ways. Not to my taste, but I don't think anyone should lose a moment's sleep over that. Live in the environment that *you* feel comfortable in, not in the one that somebody else tells you you should feel comfortable in.

And he makes it clear that's how he rolls when he talks about not going with what an interior designer tells him looks good, but with how he wants it.

Personally though, I know my limitations. I'd let barryg play poker for me anytime, and hire an interior designer to decorate my house.

BTW -- thing I liked best about that house was the garden. So different from our English gardens. Got that desert thing going on. That made me really jealous.