Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Interested in starting a keeper basketball league (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=499753)

sethypooh21 09-19-2007 07:35 PM

Re: Interested in starting a keeper basketball league

My goto team names have always been either the Anchorage Igloos or Fresno State Felons...though FSF seems somewhat dated (ah the days of Rafer, Keon Clark and Chris Herron, amongst other miscreants)

Assani Fisher 09-19-2007 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Massively insky.

WRT to providing personal info for nasty rivalries, I live in Alaska, used to live in Minnesota (and was a pretty big T-Wolves honk), though my ancestral loyalties lie with Boston, though the Celts were never the same for me after Lewis died.

[/ QUOTE ]

As for my personal info to promote nasty rivalries....

I'm about 5ft 10in and my cat Electra just died this past summer when she got mouth cancer and couldn't eat anymore, so we had the vet put her down. I had received her as a Christmas present when I was little. I like honey, but not as much as I like honeydew. My pots are icy, but I'm sure that you all know that by now. I have both of my legs, and they work fine. I don't drive a motorcycle, and nobody has ever reffered to me as "Skippy", but I wouldn't exactly be insulted if they did.

Edited to add: I've never completed a crossword puzzle.

MEbenhoe 09-19-2007 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Edited to add: I've never completed a crossword puzzle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bastard!

kidcolin 09-19-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm calling naming writes involving the word "Scalabrine". Dibs, if you will.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something I like about the other league, that kinda adds a nice feel to it is how all the teams have city names such as Milwaukee Warriors, Seattle Swat, Vancouver Canteen Boys, Las Vegas Gamblers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it have to be the city you live in? Though the Sacramento Scalabrines has a nice ring to it, I'm getting the hell out of dodge and never looking back ASAP. I'll probably be back in Boston give or take a month around the new year, but it sounds like we've got a ton of Boston folk. Maybe I'll represent Providence, or even my old playground of Fall River.

MEbenhoe 09-19-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Something I like about the other league, that kinda adds a nice feel to it is how all the teams have city names such as Milwaukee Warriors, Seattle Swat, Vancouver Canteen Boys, Las Vegas Gamblers, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it have to be the city you live in?

[/ QUOTE ]

of course not

Aces McGee 09-19-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it have to be the city you live in? Though the Sacramento Scalabrines has a nice ring to it, I'm getting the hell out of dodge and never looking back ASAP. I'll probably be back in Boston give or take a month around the new year, but it sounds like we've got a ton of Boston folk. Maybe I'll represent Providence, or even my old playground of Fall River.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to rep Fall River, you need to work Chris Herren in somehow.

FWIW, even though I'm a lifelong Celtics fan, I'm not from Boston or Massachusetts.

-McGee

kidcolin 09-19-2007 07:50 PM

a'ight.. cool. I'm getting pretty excited about this.

kidcolin 09-19-2007 07:56 PM

I'm glad you mentioned Herren. He almost made it! He was always in the papers. I didn't grow up in Fall River, just right next to it, so I worked and hung out there.

I just looked Herren up on basketball-ref. He started 7 games for the Cs!

THAY3R 09-19-2007 07:57 PM

THAY3R V ASSANI LETS DOOOOO ITTTT

Aces McGee 09-19-2007 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you mentioned Herren. He almost made it! He was always in the papers. I didn't grow up in Fall River, just right next to it, so I worked and hung out there.

I just looked Herren up on basketball-ref. He started 7 games for the Cs!

[/ QUOTE ]

You ever read Fall River Dreams by Bill Reynolds?

-McGee