Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   ***SSNL LIFE THREAD (SEPT)*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=491066)

Kowalski 09-01-2007 10:49 PM

Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The general consensus was no, so I went ahead and [censored] with his [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Let the record reflect that I SUPPORTED DOING THIS! I win the life thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] goofy.

He said he was western unioning my money, and I told him I would give him his passwords back at that time. I still don't think I'm going to see the money... Something about the "I'll even send you $150 for the hassle" that he said makes me think this.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I was living somewhere and a roomie was like "dude I hate your gf she can't come over anymore" I'd either laugh and say "too bad" or move out prolly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your gf probably wouldn't piss on your possessions, so it's hard to put yourself in Ty's shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see why anyone would date this girl for more than a two weeks - month... However long it takes her to reveal her true psychosis.

FishSticks 09-01-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your gf probably wouldn't piss on your possessions, so it's hard to put yourself in Ty's shoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Ty knows EXACTLY what kind of person is at this point and still wants to be with her, so I don't think it's very relevant.

I mean, Kowalski, you're going to have to make a SERIOUS stand on this one, move out, or suck it up and deal. I would recommend making a big stand, but it sounds like you're not a super confrontational person and are generally passive (this is not a bad thing not ragging on you) - I mean, this has been going on for a LONG time right?

If you do decide to lay it on the line with Ty, I'd go with something like "Ty, I really feel sad that it's come to this point, and really wish I wasn't in this situation. Your my good friend and you know that, but I really can't take any more of <her>. I think you could find someone who would treat you better and make you happier, but I'm not here to try to tell you who to date. If she really makes you happy, I'm glad for you. For me, though, she drives me absolutely crazy. I've been patient and understanding for a long time, but I just can't take her antics anymore. I don't want to give some cheesy ultimatum, but I've been put in kind of a tough spot here. Either she doesn't come around anymore, or I have to move out. I didn't want to be like this, but it's really affecting the quality of my life."

Prolly won't go over real well. I think most youngish guys without a ton of relationship experience are pretty insecure and defensive about their girls, and also spew a bunch of "BROS BEFORE HO'S" rhetoric but always choose "HO'S" when it comes down to it.

FishSticks 09-01-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let the record reflect that I SUPPORTED DOING THIS! I win the life thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well let's see if the dude actually sends the money or if he instead shivs Kowalski and steals his wallet before victory is declared [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Kowalski 09-01-2007 11:01 PM

Also, my roommates and I are in the market for a TV for our living room. While they're being pussies about the whole situation, what with their lack of money and all. I have to be a baller for all of them. I told them if the three guys would split the cost for the TV purchase, I would buy the TV from them at the end of the year at a depreciated value (Providing Ty's scumbag gf doesn't throw something through it before that point). First of all, is this a good idea? I want a nice TV for myself when they move out, but I don't think the responsibily should be on me to make this purchase, just because I was... 'Financial wiser' than my other three roomies... After all, I am by no means rich. Not to mention the fact that I have quite the 'liability' roaming around the living room, as has been discussed heavily over the past couple of days.

I'd like to get something in the 46" -> 50" range. I would preferably like to get something used or refurbished, so I don't have to pay out the ass. I bought my two 204b monitors refurbished from techforless.com and couldn't be happier. Saved a [censored] and they work great (had em for 3+ months so far). I even thought one was [censored] up (Turns out I'm just an idiot), and they sent me a new one for free.

Can someone who is knowledgable in this sort of field chime in and tell me what I should be looking for? I'm ashamed that I don't have a vast knowledge in this department, as most people seem to think I do, heh. I noticed that the rear projection TV's are much cheaper, is this because of their fragile-ness or lack of viewing angle?

I would really like to get a nice 46"+ flat panel with atleast 720p HD (I'm far from an expert on the HD Resolution BS), how much should I expect to pay for something like this? I love the look of the Aquos series from sharp, but I'm sure that's out of my price range, unless I can find a used one.

My roommate found this on Craigslist. Looks to be a projection TV amirite? Still seems like a silly good deal for him to throw in the receiver and speakers:
http://worcester.craigslist.org/ele/383224195.html

Cue-Ball 66 09-01-2007 11:11 PM

Uhhhh ok...Claire is OFFICIALLY insatiable and indefatigable.

6 (SIX) times between 10pm Friday night and 4pm Sunday morning.

30 hours...take out like 12 for sleeping maybe. Once every 3 waking hours...I have never been this relaxed/sore/satisfied.

BRAG: Many sexytimes
BRAG: Best ever sexytimes
BRAG: She loves teh dirty talk

And ummmmmmmmmmm...yeah...last night she said she loves me...

FishSticks 09-01-2007 11:13 PM

Here's some quick HD scoop for you:

When the terminology 480p/720/1080i is tossed around, it's all talking about "High Definition". The number part refers to how many lines of resolution the TV displays, and the p vs i part refers to progressive vs interlaced. Progressive scan typically works better for fast paced action stuff (since the lines are drawn like twice as fast), whereas interlaced doesn't work as well fast moving stuff and sometimes gets artifacting or pixelation.

Pretty much any TV that supports one of these modes is going to support all 3 of these modes. Normal DVDs are in 480p, and it's pretty hard to tell the difference between a DVD and a 1080i TV broadcast. On a TV in the 40"-50" range, you really won't be able to notice any difference between 480p/720p/1080i for the most part. Only on HUGE tvs does it make a difference IMO.

1080p is the new hotness that Blu-Ray uses. It's pretty swank and is the future, but it's not really useful for anything given the price these days (esp for a 40-50" TV).

EDIT: Oh, and there are a LOT of [censored] plasmas available at Best Buy or whatever in the 1000ish price range that are 42". They look like absolute crap to me most of the time and are a huge ripoff.

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm usually Captain Generic, but with TVs I think it's smart to be a brand brat. Sometimes you can get a good deal, but I've seen some LGs or Vizios or whatever with some pretty bad picture. I have a Sony and love it. A Sharp Aquos won't do you wrong, either.

Kowalski 09-01-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well Ty knows EXACTLY what kind of person is at this point and still wants to be with her, so I don't think it's very relevant.

I mean, Kowalski, you're going to have to make a SERIOUS stand on this one, move out, or suck it up and deal. I would recommend making a big stand, but it sounds like you're not a super confrontational person and are generally passive (this is not a bad thing not ragging on you) - I mean, this has been going on for a LONG time right?

If you do decide to lay it on the line with Ty, I'd go with something like "Ty, I really feel sad that it's come to this point, and really wish I wasn't in this situation. Your my good friend and you know that, but I really can't take any more of <her>. I think you could find someone who would treat you better and make you happier, but I'm not here to try to tell you who to date. If she really makes you happy, I'm glad for you. For me, though, she drives me absolutely crazy. I've been patient and understanding for a long time, but I just can't take her antics anymore. I don't want to give some cheesy ultimatum, but I've been put in kind of a tough spot here. Either she doesn't come around anymore, or I have to move out. I didn't want to be like this, but it's really affecting the quality of my life."

Prolly won't go over real well. I think most youngish guys without a ton of relationship experience are pretty insecure and defensive about their girls, and also spew a bunch of "BROS BEFORE HO'S" rhetoric but always choose "HO'S" when it comes down to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fishsticks, great advice - thanks for your input. You are correct, I'm not a super confrontational person, but I wouldn't consider myself passive at all. I think I kind of gave the idea that I sat back and watched this all happen, where that really isn't the case at all. She has literally ran out the door crying after things I have said to her. Unfortunately, my harsh words (and there have been many) seem to be drowned out by the fact that 3 out of the 4 residents in the house would APPEAR (this is far from the truth) to like her. In the student life thread I've described each of my roommates relationships towards scum, and how [censored] up of a situation it is.

I've actually had the exact conversation you outlined with Ty before, when I told him that either him or I was moving upstairs. He was apologetic and promised to try to control her better, and volunteered to move his [censored] upstairs. That solved my sleeping situation and was finally able to sleep without hearing "CAHHCHHGGHHHHHHH!!>!@?" Every 13 minutes at night. However, she still spread her unwitty remarks and general disgustingness in the living room for the rest of the year. At the end of the year her and Ty spent most of their nights IN the living room, because scum didn't get along well with her new bedroommate and his gf (what a surprise).

I'm sure a similar conversation will take place tomorrow afternoon, when we move in.

Kowalski 09-01-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, mate. When Ty and scum broke up for that short period of time, two of Ty's buddies came up from school to take him out and bury this scum nonsense. I obviously came along to help, as it seemed like the perfect medicine. We smoked blunts, went to the bar, got shitfaced n such, but Ty remained totally depressed... wouldn't even look at any other pussy. I guess this behavior is normal, even after dating such hellspawn... But [censored] he got back together with her the next day. HACHHCCYACHHA

Kowalski 09-01-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhhh ok...Claire is OFFICIALLY insatiable and indefatigable.

6 (SIX) times between 10pm Friday night and 4pm Sunday morning.

30 hours...take out like 12 for sleeping maybe. Once every 3 waking hours...I have never been this relaxed/sore/satisfied.

BRAG: Many sexytimes
BRAG: Best ever sexytimes
BRAG: She loves teh dirty talk

And ummmmmmmmmmm...yeah...last night she said she loves me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Nicely done. Please tell me you went busto on tatas? From what I recall she has very nice jugs.

Kowalski 09-01-2007 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's some quick HD scoop for you:

When the terminology 480p/720/1080i is tossed around, it's all talking about "High Definition". The number part refers to how many lines of resolution the TV displays, and the p vs i part refers to progressive vs interlaced. Progressive scan typically works better for fast paced action stuff (since the lines are drawn like twice as fast), whereas interlaced doesn't work as well fast moving stuff and sometimes gets artifacting or pixelation.

Pretty much any TV that supports one of these modes is going to support all 3 of these modes. Normal DVDs are in 480p, and it's pretty hard to tell the difference between a DVD and a 1080i TV broadcast. On a TV in the 40"-50" range, you really won't be able to notice any difference between 480p/720p/1080i for the most part. Only on HUGE tvs does it make a difference IMO.

1080p is the new hotness that Blu-Ray uses. It's pretty swank and is the future, but it's not really useful for anything given the price these days (esp for a 40-50" TV).

EDIT: Oh, and there are a LOT of [censored] plasmas available at Best Buy or whatever in the 1000ish price range that are 42". They look like absolute crap to me most of the time and are a huge ripoff.

ANOTHER EDIT: I'm usually Captain Generic, but with TVs I think it's smart to be a brand brat. Sometimes you can get a good deal, but I've seen some LGs or Vizios or whatever with some pretty bad picture. I have a Sony and love it. A Sharp Aquos won't do you wrong, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for this info man.

Yeah I'm not really into Blu-Ray or any of that crazy [censored]. I'm not spending 30 bucks or whatever for a movie, even if it does look silly hi-res. All we have is digital cable (This doesn't mean hi-def... amirite?), and I have an Xbox 360 and I'd like to play Madden and Halo 3 in HD.