Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   OOT. Time for a change. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483841)

Five-Star 08-22-2007 04:33 PM

Re: OOT. Time for a change.

I like the *'s in the title. When I posted in OOT more, it made me focus on making sure I posted good things. I deleted about half of the posts I had written down before posting them. The only problem I have with the entire system is a level of consistency in dealing them out. Some posters' threads are locked and no * given out. An expiration date would be a great implementation but I think it would be extremely hard to do. Could a program/script be written to automatically take off *'s after so long of time?

Besides it will give NT! more of a chance to use this:

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...1--Bomber2.gif

Blarg 08-22-2007 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The good thing about a star is that it gives real incentive not to suck, because it stays with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you mess up is it supposed to stick with you forever, even after you wise up?

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't and doesn't.

It's not hard to not get a *.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is true, if i haven't gotten a star, you guys with stars must have done [censored] up good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why I got my * or who gave it to me, and never have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly, I seem to remember that I saw you get it and that it was for a reason stated in a thread, but maybe you never came back to that thread after the post that did it. No idea anymore what it was for though.

SomethingClever 08-22-2007 04:45 PM

This should be obvious, but ever since the addition of Sporting Events, Politics and more recently BBV4Life, Travel, Health and Fitness, Video Games, Laughs or Links and EDGD, there is virtually no reason for OOT to exist.

This is why it sucks so hard compared to what it used to be. I mean, what can you post about in here? Friday lunch threads, Myspace trainwrecks... am I missing something?

I guess it was inevitable... the forum was growing and getting more and more cluttered. And I don't blame the mods... all of them were around during the glory days of OOT and understand what made it great. But I don't see much future for OOT.

F OOT?

CrazyEyez 08-22-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only major problem is I just got this sweet avatar from Five Star.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you retire the star system then the avatar becomes even more apropos.

MassExodus 08-22-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The good thing about a star is that it gives real incentive not to suck, because it stays with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you mess up is it supposed to stick with you forever, even after you wise up?

[/ QUOTE ]

It shouldn't and doesn't.

It's not hard to not get a *.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldnt resist, gonna have to ban me again.

The irony here is insane, the only reason your title isnt ******************************** is because youre a mod(and we're limited to 3 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]). Telling people that its easy to follow the rules when youre in the spot youre in and act how you do is rofltastic, almost as much as yesterday when NT said "yeah this is one of those 'less modding is good modding' situations people". Wow. I would recommend reading what you write for future reference for what sounds completely ridiculous and sends your credibility to rock bottom.

blinden84 08-22-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This should be obvious, but ever since the addition of Sporting Events, Politics and more recently BBV4Life, Travel, Health and Fitness, Video Games, Laughs or Links and EDGD, there is virtually no reason for OOT to exist.

This is why it sucks so hard compared to what it used to be. I mean, what can you post about in here? Friday lunch threads, Myspace trainwrecks... am I missing something?

I guess it was inevitable... the forum was growing and getting more and more cluttered. And I don't blame the mods... all of them were around during the glory days of OOT and understand what made it great. But I don't see much future for OOT.

F OOT?

[/ QUOTE ]

We got automobiles back...

anyways, meh, it almost seems like a lot of the thread locking just fulfills a personal desire not to see that particular thread exist (this is not just an OOT specific statement). I think less locking is a good thing, not more.

Gugel 08-22-2007 05:20 PM

* = http://www.eilatgordinlevitan.com/kr...1105_126_b.gif

Discuss.

Blarg 08-22-2007 05:36 PM

Looks like Woody Allen helping out Marlon Brando.

RoundGuy 08-22-2007 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there is virtually no reason for OOT to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]
"94 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum. "

Right now, 181 people think you are wrong.

nath 08-22-2007 05:49 PM

I think the * system could easily be replaced by a series of embarrassing, creative custom titles.