Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   EDF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Showtime's "Californication" (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479560)

AceLuby 10-30-2007 11:49 AM

Re: Showtime\'s \"Califronication\"

I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. The rest of the show was great, but the last 15 sec was lazy IMO. It would have been way better to have him not on top of the world. Basically everything turned out for the best. It reminded me of the 'Super Happy Ending' on Wayne's World.

Also, couldn't Bill figure out that Hank [censored] his daughter. He didn't deny it, and didn't fight back when hit in the face. If I was innocent I would be so pissed. He looked so guilty, how can Bill not see that?

Overall this show was great TV and I can't wait for next season. I love the Charlie subplot, I actually like Mia, the kid is growing on me, but needs some work on the monotone voice, I just didn't like the oh so happy ending, even though my gf loved it.

shaniac 10-30-2007 01:23 PM

That season finale was devastatingly bad imo.

CharlieDontSurf 10-30-2007 03:34 PM

lol the guy who gets in the fight with DD used to sell me pot

AceLuby 10-30-2007 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy in the grocery store? That's hilarious.

CharlieDontSurf 10-30-2007 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy in the grocery store? That's hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...he'd always freak cuz I'd call him and mention that i want a quarter etc..n he'd flip out cuz he thought people might be listening/tapping his phone

Yeti 10-30-2007 07:05 PM

Just watched it. The thought rushing through my head was 'wow, awesome ep but terrible last 15s. hope 2+2 is smart enough to agree!'. Thanks AceLuby.

Loved the scene where Mia stands up at the wedding. So many great lines in quick succession :

'this could get interesting'
'wow check out the balls on this chick'
'you're in love with hank!' - hank and charlie do the hungry chicken

but yeah, i really really hated the last 15 seconds. why not just end it normally, have hank spend the first 4-5 eps of next season maturing and moving away from his ex. meanwhile tension in the marriage increases, eventual split, etc. sure it's predictable but it still leaves a ton of possible directions open. i feel like they just wrote themselves into a corner in a big way.

if it is a dream that's really awful too but i guess it's better than what they have right now.

goofyballer 10-30-2007 07:08 PM

Did the book thing get resolved? I guess Mia's going through with publishing it as hers?

Yeti 10-30-2007 07:10 PM

right that was dumb too, i believe mia said 'my dad decided to publish the book'. why would hank let her? it's the best/only material he's written in years. makes no sense.

qdmcg 10-30-2007 09:22 PM

Just finished watching the last two episodes.

Gonna let it sit for a few days before I say too much, but I will say that I really hope the book issue is not finished with, and I also wish that it had been more clear whether or not the last scene was a dream or not.

capone0 10-30-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right that was dumb too, i believe mia said 'my dad decided to publish the book'. why would hank let her? it's the best/only material he's written in years. makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he traded the book for his ex to never hear about the hanky-panky.