Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   My Journey to the Free Market (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472987)

mmbt0ne 08-12-2007 01:24 PM

Re: My Journey to the Free Market

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My parents never raised me to be religious, nor did they ever say religious people are idiots/kooks/wackos/etc. They never said anything either way. They never talked about politics or government at all, not good, not bad.

If that doesn't leave me without preconceived notions on the two subjects, I don't know what kind of upbringing possibly could.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were raised in an apolital, atheistic environment, and you've grown up to be an atheist who favors the non-existence of politics. We internalize opinions and predilections from our childhood environment, even in the absence of explicit instruction. Doesn't it seem likely to you that you learned at an early age that politics and religion were not necessary or important parts of life, and that these lessons predisoposed you towards your current views on those issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this 100%, but I don't want it to come off like an attack on Borodog. All of us are predisposed to certain feelings and thoughts the moment we encounter something new. These are based on what we grew up around and learned along the way. However, they are present in everyone and just because someone happens to maintain a single path their entire life says nothing about the understanding they have.

ShakeZula06 08-12-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
-Let's pretend this discussion isn't going on across two threads.
-Let's pretend it's not hypocritical of you to exceptionlly ONLY point out, what you consider a hijack, in an AC thread.
-Let's pretend it's not hypocritical for you to remain silent when other ACers, whom you may or may not agree with, constantly hijack other threads.
-Let's pretend it's coolio and the gang to substitute little argument catchphrases whenever and wherever you don't feel like discussing.
-Let's pretend borodog ISN"T your AC inspiration in a wholly religious way.
-Let's pretend you don't give his posts special "scripture like" reverence and defence.
-Let's pretend your need to justify your continual abusive posts means something other than you might be doing something other than what you say you are doing.

Oh What the heck? Let's just pretend up is down and black is white.
Let's just pretend EVERYTHING!

I'm a purple, 3 foot tall troll with no intelligence, no experience, and NO opinion, (well at least no opinion that could possibly be worth anything because I disagree with you.)

[/ QUOTE ]
You look so darn cute when you're upset.

neverforgetlol 08-12-2007 03:48 PM

I'm still not aware of any example of the free market existing, in reality.

tomdemaine 08-13-2007 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm still not aware of any example of the free market existing, in reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my question for abolitionists thread.