Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Beat: Barry Bonds (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=472119)

Money2Burn 08-08-2007 11:56 AM

Re: Beat: Barry Bonds

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Everybody Debating Whether Barry Did Steroids,

Please Stop. It's Obvious He did.

Oh, also...who gives a [censored]? Everybody else was doing them and they didn't put up the monster seasons he did, so give the man some credit for being an insanely great hitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ruth wasn't, and Aaron more than likely wasn't.

jedi 08-08-2007 12:04 PM

Brag.

I think anyone who bet on this was on the right side.

AceLuby 08-08-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again I'll say, in college I put on 25 lbs. of muscle, no personal trainer, no nutritionist, no physical therapist, no steroids. Stop the hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do this at 38 and I would be much more impressed. Gaining 25 lbs of muscle at 20 is a lot easier than 40.

jesusarenque 08-08-2007 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Oh, also...who gives a [censored]? Everybody else was doing them and they didn't put up the monster seasons he did, so give the man some credit for being an insanely great hitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Aaron almost certainly WAS.

Money2Burn 08-08-2007 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
saucy,

You know he's an a-hole because you've spent time with him, correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, he knows he's an A-hole because he knows baseball, and remembers what Bond's acted like when he was a young player, unlike all these people who have jumped on the "Bonds is a God" train in the last couple years who know little to nothing about baseball.

Money2Burn 08-08-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard many convincing arguments for evidence that Aaron was on steroids, but I'm open to being proved wrong so feel free to point me in the right direction.

jesusarenque 08-08-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't heard many convincing arguments for evidence that Aaron was on steroids, but I'm open to being proved wrong so feel free to point me in the right direction.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone was taking back then. Ball Four is a good place to start (for many reasons).

Money2Burn 08-08-2007 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the homerun record will be broken numerous times im sure.
wake me up when Cal Ripken Jr's consecutive game record is broken.

[/ QUOTE ]
First power hitting SS, massive endurance streak, he could never have done steroids. Also while Ripkens records is nice I prefer records which directly correlate with value on the field. That being said Ripken is awesome and one of the five or ten best players of the 90s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first power hitting SS and probably one of the best players to ever play the position, was Honus Wagner.

Money2Burn 08-08-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people hate bonds because he's a strong black man that doesnt bow down and kiss ass to YT

funny that in america, the land where people will do anything ethical or unethical to get an edge over competition that some people want to make bonds out to be a pariah

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know much about baseball do you?

Pudge714 08-08-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the homerun record will be broken numerous times im sure.
wake me up when Cal Ripken Jr's consecutive game record is broken.

[/ QUOTE ]
First power hitting SS, massive endurance streak, he could never have done steroids. Also while Ripkens records is nice I prefer records which directly correlate with value on the field. That being said Ripken is awesome and one of the five or ten best players of the 90s.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first power hitting SS and probably one of the best players to ever play the position, was Honus Wagner.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for being a nit I will fix my post.
Cal Ripken one of the first contemporary power hitting SSs.