Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Re-Randing (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=462227)

Zurvan 07-27-2007 07:43 PM

Re: Re-Randing

I've rerand, and I don't give a [censored] if some of you think it's not fair.

For the first turf wars, I ran 3, and I picked the one I thought would be the best game. For WoT, I reranded because a new player got a complex role. For Simpsons, I assigned a role to Madtown, because I had asked his advice on something, and it ended up being a secret plot.

All of you getting all wah it wrecks the metagame need to pull your heads outta your asses. But I've been saying that for months, I doubt you'll listen to me now.

For those of you that think it's unfair, it might be, but I think it makes a better game.

lastchance 07-27-2007 07:48 PM

Zurvan is wrong.

Standard.

traz 07-27-2007 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan is right.

Not Standard. But still right.

[/ QUOTE ]

lastchance 07-27-2007 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan and traz are wrong.

Standard. But still wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

HerbieGRD 07-27-2007 07:50 PM

oh boy

chim17 07-27-2007 07:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

For the first turf wars, I ran 3, and I picked the one I thought would be the best game. For WoT, I reranded because a new player got a complex role. For Simpsons, I assigned a role to Madtown, because I had asked his advice on something, and it ended up being a secret plot.

All of you getting all wah it wrecks the metagame need to pull your heads outta your asses. But I've been saying that for months, I doubt you'll listen to me now.

For those of you that think it's unfair, it might be, but I think it makes a better game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you on all things metagame.

But I think re-randing is a huge problem. Despite a myriad of other reasons, it could go as far as eventually lowering numbers of players because new players figure they can't be seer, etc.

Boiler_bd 07-27-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

disgusting

soah 07-27-2007 07:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
disgusting

[/ QUOTE ]

traz 07-27-2007 08:00 PM

it's all in your heads

chim17 07-27-2007 08:03 PM

What if a handful of new players see a thread like this or see that it happens and decide not to play because they won't get a power role?

What about some of the older players that have had a cheapened experience because they got re-randed out of a role they would have really enjoyed.

Re-randing should be looked down upon the same as talking at night, etc.