Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Post deleted by Mat Sklansky (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=460026)

Borodog 07-28-2007 11:52 AM

Re: Abusive Mods Thread

wow. nh.

PITTM 07-28-2007 11:57 AM

oh my god someone pointed out that i do a bad job in some way, better react like a 13 year old girl! also, thanks for making this thread entirely warranted.

im also curious as to why you are so opposed of your moderators (numerous) mistakes being pointed out in public when you have historically never done anything about complaints to you. Didnt you promise users to write a moderator code of conduct like, over a year ago? hows that going anyway?

PITTM 07-28-2007 12:39 PM

I would also like to point out the MASSIVE drop in OOT traffic since the NT "im going to overreact to everything and give as many *s as i can per minute" era started. Im sure NT! will say "this is great, the quality of posts has gone up and the [censored] posters are gone". Counterpoint: OOTs posting quality was FAR better 1-2 years ago. 2nd counterpoint: last time i checked, you guys make money off of hits to your site. The fact that you encourage moderators who are directly and actively hurting your business makes me agree with the point Evan and El Diablo have made many times: the people who run this site seem to be allergic to marketing their site in a profitable manner.

diebitter 07-28-2007 12:54 PM

It's sunny in London today.

What's weather like in your part of the world?

Mike Haven 07-28-2007 01:02 PM

Nice edit, PITTS. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ahnuld 07-28-2007 01:04 PM

some of the links in here, wow, just wow. U r all trying to kill the mods funny.

PITTM 07-28-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's sunny in London today.

What's weather like in your part of the world?

[/ QUOTE ]

im on vacation in mexico, saw this thread while checking 2p2 last night and was lol'ing at mats comment. the weather here is awesome, 90 degrees and clear with tropical rain at night. i went paragliding for the first time yesterday, it was rad.

i disagree that everyone is killing the funny. it is obvious that people are unsatisfied with the way many of the moderators act and many moderators seem to hate their job and take it out on users. I think this needs to change and if everyone needs to make fun of me for it to be done than i will take it. I remember when i first came here people were nice, helpful and ready to educate. Now the oot mods seem to open posts thinking "god i hope he makes a mistake so i can * his ass". I am just tired of our board getting worse. As much as i whine about poor moderation I think I dont give enough credit to the good ones, for example, kyleb and el diablo have done a great job of running their new forums. In fact, El diablos forum overtook OOT a long time ago in terms of quality off topic posting. While he encouraged users to make their posts high content, he did it in a way that didnt completely alienate them the second they did anything wrong.

I actually think diebitter/whatevers modding has improved greatly in the last few months and i dont even consider him a poor poster anymore.

I think Gildwulf usually does as well as he can with a forum full of troublemakers and MEbenhoe runs the sports forum very well and i can only think of 1 or 2 really slight mistakes he has made in the past few years. I want to make it clear that i have no intention in becoming a mod anymore so this isnt a suckup tactic, its a "trying to exhibit how i dont hate all mods" tactic.

Mat Sklansky 07-28-2007 01:28 PM

I don't know, but it seems to me that you provide very little value to this site. I'm not going to ban you, but if any one of the 100 or so volunteer mods wishes to do so, they have my blessing.

Diablo and Evan have been vocal in their criticisms, yes. But they have also ben a TREMENDOUS asset to this site and continue to be.

They don't point out our flaws by whining and "fixing my posts" or attacking us personally. When they make a critical post, they get support from the many users who read them and ultimately their critiques, acted upon or not in the short term, are good for this site.

Are you good for the site? I'm pretty sure that the first moderator who reads this will ban you instantly. Will we have a free PITTM campaign?

It's important for everyone else to realize that despite my harsh words to PITTM, I am easily accesible via pm. Please contact me or Ryan Beal if there are any issues.

NT! 07-28-2007 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know, but it seems to me that you provide very little value to this site. I'm not going to ban you, but if any one of the 100 or so volunteer mods wishes to do so, they have my blessing.

[/ QUOTE ]

on it

Borodog 07-28-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

on it

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]