Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Lounge: Discussion+Review (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   The Official "gravida" reaction thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448140)

pryor15 08-29-2007 11:49 AM

Re: The Official \"gravida\" reaction thread

[ QUOTE ]
are we, then, supposed to infer that the pregnancy is the reason for the absent boyfriend?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. there's nothing that comes right out and says it, other than the line that he got cut out because he deserved it. but in the backstory stuff i wrote out, he leaves a little while after he finds out she's pregnant.

[ QUOTE ]
Cutting the face out in an oval as opposed to just snipping the whole body out of the picture doesn't necessarily tell us anything either, except that she's a bit eccentric and vindictive -- but we don't know the reason. If she really didn't want to be reminded of him, she would have cut him out completely, don't you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, and there's another picture in the film that she's ripped in half as a means to delete him.

there was a lot of discussion as to how to do that photo and how to cut him out while still having the photo

the key is that the photo is a picture of 4 people and a reminder of a happier time with a larger group, so she wants to keep that memory, only she wants to remember it minus the ex

[ QUOTE ]
It sort of separates at the end (for me, anyway) because she has this baggage, and she can possibly realize that the baggage isn't in her belly; it's all around her.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. it's more than just the pregnancy. it's everything, really.

pryor15 08-29-2007 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
other than that, i guess, how do you see the promotional aspects of the premiere influencing the night itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

in terms of getting people there, etc?

i think the posters weren't as effective as we'd hoped, but the myspace blitz helped get some friends of mine from college there who i hadn't seen in a while, which added a nice factor to the whole thing

the biggest problem was the timing of when i got really sick, as i pretty much couldn't do anything for 5 days and that just barely cost me the deadline for City Paper and the Post-Gazette, both of whom would have likely done some sort of preview article, and that could have doubled the audience

thecincykiddo 08-29-2007 02:54 PM

Before I respond to any of this in-depth, let me ask you this:

How do you see this film as making the world a better place?

pryor15 10-05-2007 07:45 PM

The website hasn't yet been updated, but gravida is an official selection in this year's Three Rivers Film Festival

SL__72 10-05-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The website hasn't yet been updated, but gravida is an official selection in this year's Three Rivers Film Festival

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to reply to the newsletter, but thats awesome! Congrats!

Dominic 10-05-2007 09:49 PM

where the heck has Pryor been, anyway??

SoloAJ 10-06-2007 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Festival submitting, duh.

I am pretty sure I had this sent to my home address instead of my school address, so it might not be until early November that I actually get my hands on it. This was not smart by me.

pryor15 10-06-2007 01:08 PM

Solo,

you gave me a Moline address

pryor15 10-06-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

festival submitting
+
i was in a play