Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Knife VS Bat, who wins? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=446803)

Grasshopp3r 07-09-2007 06:57 PM

Re: Knife VS Bat, who wins?

You need to use the bat as you would a wooden sword. Poke, poke and more pokes while turning will win against a knife, just like a wooden sword would win against a knife. Also, you need to know if the knife wielder is gripping the knife to slash or stab. A slasher is more dangerous.

Here is a smashing resource:

http://www.demibarbito.com/suddenimpact.html

mbillie1 07-09-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it's very difficult for a weak/inexperience/untrained person to actually kill someone with a bat

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats so hard about pounding on someone who is down for a couple of minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

Knocking someone down with a bat is seriously difficult. You are basically betting the fight on the one chance your increased range will give you to incapacitate the knife wielder long enough to pummel him to death. It's just not that easy. Unless you land a clean blow to the head (almost impossible) and knock the other person out you're going to be at a range at which your weapon will be only moderately more useful than your bare hands. It's just not even close.

bottomset 07-09-2007 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A bat strike is not conceptually different than a leg strike, just quicker and stronger.

[/ QUOTE ]

And a knife strike is no different than a punch except pointier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever fought in any sort of martial arts way / regularly street fought? It is so much easier to land a punch solidly than a kick, and if your punch also will be fatal/near fatal if it hits the face/neck/chest/stomach I don't see how this counter-argument supports your claim of bat superiority at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he actually tried to level you and leveled himself. Looked like he was laughing at a bat strike being very comparable to a kick in degree. But you never said it was; you said it was comparable in kind.

One extra note though: a good thai kick is way harder than probably a lot of people give it credit for. I think most people would be absolutely astonished at the power if they felt it for themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

discovery had a martial arts show where they measured the force behind a kick, and the guy had the same force with his kick, as getting hit by a car going 30mph, obviously though its much tougher to land that kick vs something that moves

a full force bat swing requires a long follow through, you don't see too many upperdeck homeruns on checkswings do you

mbillie1 07-09-2007 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You need to use the bat as you would a wooden sword. Poke, poke and more pokes while turning will win against a knife, just like a wooden sword would win against a knife. Also, you need to know if the knife wielder is gripping the knife to slash or stab. A slasher is more dangerous.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fail to see how bat jabs are going to do fatal damage. Also, if you're using the bat to jab/poke, it's pretty easy to grab it with one hand and slash your arm with the other hand.

Blarg 07-09-2007 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This will solve it I think.

Me and Blarg seem to be arguing for the superiority of the knife, so we will fight any other two OOTers to the death, us two with our knives and you two with your bats. Obviously this will be two separate fights, no teamwork or anything (as that adds a dynamic as yet undiscussed). We'll obviously have to go to some lawless third world country to make this happen. Wagering is encouraged; maybe we can get that guy from HSNL who wanted to pay someone to cut off and eat his own finger involved. I'm 5'10" 155-160lbs with 2 years of martial arts training. Blarg is eighty feet tall and shoots lightning out of his eyes, so he might be a more difficult opponent, but to compensate we'll give him a smaller knife (a swiss army knife maybe).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is greatly exaggerated. I am only about 40 feet tall, but I do have dominion over sea creatures. Therefore, I suggest this battle take place underwater.

Zeestein 07-09-2007 07:08 PM

This fight is between you with a Bowie knife and your perfect clone with a solid bat - to the death. Or vice-versa, if you don't like being a perfect clone.

Man bat-me better kill knife-me on impact, cos it takes ~0.1 seconds for me to close in and keep myself to a distance where you bat is all but useless whereas I could stab + twist = gg.

Contest would be closer with chainsaw vs knife, seriously. Bat is LOL, like I'm gonna care about a really really painful blow when the other option is DEATH BY GETTING SMASHED BY A BLUNT INSTRUMENT

traz 07-09-2007 07:09 PM

lol, i love how this topic always gets lots of discussion

sonneti 07-09-2007 07:18 PM

How is anyone going to stab anyone else after a full baseball bat strike to the body or even to the legs. After a strike like that you aren't going anywhere, you would be off balance or with broken/dislocated body parts.. whatever hand that knife is in is getting hit hard. Maybe not a broken arm but there is no way you are getting any power or accuracy into that knife.

sonneti 07-09-2007 07:21 PM

I don't think a baseball bat v's a chainsaw wouldnt be much of a contest either, chainsaws are very heavy and hard to swing with since the balance is all on the wrong side. Unless the fight is in a ufc ring or something, then the chainsaw would rule.

Senor Cardgage 07-09-2007 07:21 PM

Okay what about a 10-year-old girl with a knife vs. Mike Tyson.