Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Southern girls (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=441457)

MicroBob 07-03-2007 02:09 PM

Re: Southern girls

[ QUOTE ]
is that they are inherently polite and friendly. We don't drop the F-bomb, we smile at everyone we meet, we make a point in looking nice and don't run around in sweats.

[/ QUOTE ]

fluffpop, you live in entirely different south than what I have experienced.
I want to get out of this area because of the high percentage of people who are so rude all the time, never smile, and always wear trash.

RunDownHouse 07-03-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to get out of this area because of the high percentage of people who are so rude all the time, never smile, and always wear trash.

[/ QUOTE ]
So leave Memphis?

Seriously, I've got friends from there, I've visited the city plenty of times, and there's nothing at all redeeming about Memphis aside from a triple-A club and Fed-Ex jobs with a sweet union/benefits. Really, why stay in Memphis if its not job dependent? Micro, move to Nashville or Jackson or St. Louis or one of a score of other cities within five hours if you can. Memphis is where people visit for dirty strippers or dirty strippers go for money. Its no place for a real person.

MicroBob 07-03-2007 02:40 PM

we are moving actually. next week.
Life is too short to spend it in Memphis.

GF finally got an acceptable gig with a traveling-nurse agency.

We will be traveling around the country 3-6 mths at a time for a couple yrs and are really looking forward to it.

Panama City is first which I'm not expecting to be awesome but it should be fun and at least it's new for us.
She loves the beach. Still reasonably near her brother in Memphis. My family is in Destin which is very close.

future stops will possibly include Miami, Pittsburgh (she used to live there and likes the area), Las Vegas, Hawaii, and perhaps wherever else the dart lands on the map.

Tyler Durden 07-03-2007 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what kind of idiot complains about a girl with a southern accent?

[/ QUOTE ]

So true.

MicroBob 07-03-2007 04:02 PM

I like a girl with a pleasing voice.

A trailer-trash southern voice is the opposite of this.

I mean, if I was dating a girl who I thought was pretty cool overall but she talked and laughed like the Fran Drescher character in the Nanny then that could easily be a deal-breaker for me.

Pleasant voice + pretty laugh beats annoying voice and squeaky/snorty laugh every time.

DrewDevil 07-03-2007 04:14 PM

I'm from Texas, which is both part of the South and kinda like a whole other country.

I loves me some Texas girls.

If you really want a housewife who lives to please her man, though, you probably need to go Thai, as even Southern girls are pretty dang liberated and independent these days.

Blarg 07-03-2007 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a girl with a pleasing voice.

A trailer-trash southern voice is the opposite of this.

I mean, if I was dating a girl who I thought was pretty cool overall but she talked and laughed like the Fran Drescher character in the Nanny then that could easily be a deal-breaker for me.

Pleasant voice + pretty laugh beats annoying voice and squeaky/snorty laugh every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, a bit of an accent is okay, but one of those long drawls gets annoying to listen to pretty quick.

Agreed on pleasant voice being really a great thing. It's one reason why once in a while it surprises me again how many women smoke. Smoking gives them awful voices sooner or later, with rare exception. Often really soon! And the phlegmy breathing is no fun either.

I used to date a girl who was part of a singing trio in Mexico, and also studied opera. Her speaking voice was very nice also, and when she sang, wow, pure beauty and super sexy. Plenty of times little things that a lot of women don't seem to think of much, like having a little extra grace in movement or a sweet, clear vocal tone and way of speaking, can make a huge difference in giving them that special something that sets them well apart from so many other women. That little extra, unobtrusive feminine grace can be mesmerizing, very beautiful, and remarkable despite being casual and seemingly unaffected and the kind of thing nobody would really notice.

fluffpop62 07-03-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
southern girls have cute accents but they also got it on with their dads.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey, you know what's hilarious? Incest jokes when someone mentions the south! "She slept with her brother! HAR HAR HAR!" So funny!

All,

Someone linked that Vandy Theta pic, and its good, but as of a year or two ago they were second tier behind Kappa Kappa Gamma. I went to Vandy undergrad and Kappa was a cut above the other sororities and unbelievably hot. There are a ton of Vandy girls who are southern and just there because their family has money and they're looking for a husband whose family also has money. I swear a lot of women at Vandy got in solely because of looks, money, or - probably - both. Lots of stupid, stupid girls who are at Vandy instead of UT for whatever reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's 'cause we're number one nationally!! Go Kappa!! (technically we and Theta jockey for position every year)

VespaRally 07-03-2007 05:45 PM

What about Tri-delt? I was banging a chick from UCLA there a couple quarters ago.

fluffpop62 07-03-2007 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about Tri-delt? I was banging a chick from UCLA there a couple quarters ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha hence the sayings:
Don't have a date by 8? Tri Delta!
Tri Delta! Everyone else has!

*these are both said with love as my best friend is a Tri-Delt @ JMU