Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=440608)

slothinator 07-10-2007 08:21 PM

Re: ***Official July Fantasy Baseball Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Haren and Cust for Sheffield and Kevin Gregg

pretty baller trade eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Sheffield and Gregg side wins this trade easily. If that is you sir, then congrats.

NT! 07-10-2007 09:17 PM

are we really sure that he's still manny ramirez? i mean he has looked very average against RHP this year and has been terrible w/ RISP

Karak567 07-10-2007 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
has been terrible w/ RISP

[/ QUOTE ]

do you post here and seriously think that's a good way to evaluate a player?

Rubeskies 07-10-2007 11:21 PM

I've got Uggla and Cano in a 5 X 5 keeper league that uses both 2B and MI. My team is pretty much out of it for this year so should I sell Uggla high since he is having a good year or do we think he's gonna be a consistant offensive performer for years to come?

NT! 07-10-2007 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

watching the sox this year, everyone's approach with RISP looks different. there is such a thing as situational hitting, even if things like RBIs are largely a product of variance and opportunities provided by others. most of the sox look like they're more interested in drawing a walk with men on than getting a hit.

for fantasy purposes, if manny is going to go up with ortiz on second, never ever EVER swing at a 3-0 fastball and settle for a walk, yeah, it's important.

Karak567 07-10-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

watching the sox this year, everyone's approach with RISP looks different. there is such a thing as situational hitting, even if things like RBIs are largely a product of variance and opportunities provided by others. most of the sox look like they're more interested in drawing a walk with men on than getting a hit.

for fantasy purposes, if manny is going to go up with ortiz on second, never ever EVER swing at a 3-0 fastball and settle for a walk, yeah, it's important.

[/ QUOTE ]

NT! 07-10-2007 11:38 PM

i suppose that means 'i am smarter than you and i'm not going to bother explaining myself' in which case you can go [censored] yourself

Karak567 07-10-2007 11:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

i suppose that means 'i am smarter than you and i'm not going to bother explaining myself' in which case you can go [censored] yourself

[/ QUOTE ]

you assume a lot

Karak567 07-10-2007 11:53 PM

btw the ...s meant i was confused

i think i get what you meant now

but then you went and got all snippy im surprised i didnt get a *

NT! 07-10-2007 11:57 PM

sorry dude, i have been really cranky lately, some stuff totally unrelated to sports. i apologize.

there's a long thread on SoSH about the sox trend of walking more in RBI situations and magadan allegedly 'building a lineup of leadoff hitters.' that's an exaggeration, and we all know the sox will not continue to run as bad as they have... i dunno exactly what i am getting at here but it does seem to me that the middle of the order guys for the sox have a more passive approach in RBI situations this year. i watch all the games and i keep up with the stats, maybe i'm just reading too much into it, maybe not