Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NBA draft discussion thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=430492)

BobboFitos 06-20-2007 09:47 PM

Re: NBA draft discussion thread

I want the Jazz to get Kobe

Green Kool Aid 06-20-2007 10:19 PM

Re: NBA draft discussion thread

L.A. Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Kobe Bryant
6-6 SG from Lower Merion (HS)
31.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg in 40.8 minutes

Vladimir Radmanovic
6-10 PF from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
6.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.0 minutes
Incoming

Andrei Kirilenko
6-9 SF from Russia (Foreign)
8.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.9 apg in 29.3 minutes

Carlos Boozer
6-8 PF from Duke
20.9 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 34.6 minutes
Change in team outlook: -9.0 ppg, +7.4 rpg, and -0.7 apg.

Utah Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Andrei Kirilenko
6-9 SF from Russia (Foreign)
8.3 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 2.9 apg in 29.3 minutes

Carlos Boozer
6-8 PF from Duke
20.9 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 34.6 minutes
Incoming

Kobe Bryant
6-6 SG from Lower Merion (HS)
31.6 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 5.4 apg in 40.8 minutes

Vladimir Radmanovic
6-10 PF from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
6.6 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 1.2 apg in 18.0 minutes
Change in team outlook: +9.0 ppg, -7.4 rpg, and +0.7 apg.

Successful Scenario

polkaface 06-20-2007 10:25 PM

Re: NBA draft disccusion thread

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who loves Simmons' idea for the Bobcats to pursue Gasol?

Or what even about Garnett? I'm sure they have the pieces to make a legit offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes sense, but I think Charlotte likes going with the youth movement and stockpiling high draft picks. As for the KG part of things, they need to sign and trade someone first because right now they would need to give up (assuming May has to be part of a deal, which I would insist on) May, Okafor and Knight. KG is making 21million and that is HALF of the Bobcat payroll (close 3/4 now that the season is over and people can opt out of their contract like Gerald Wallace) Pretty much everyone on the Bobcats roster is under their rookie deal still. Gasol is only making 13 mil which means they don't have to trade half the team to get it to work.

kidcolin 06-20-2007 10:46 PM

Pau's 26.

Aytumious 06-21-2007 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GKA is Rondo really better than Conley?

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched every collegiate game of Rondo's but haven't seen any of his NBA games, and saw maybe 5 of Conley's. Both are insanely fast, and Conley's shot is light years ahead. However, Rondo's a better finisher, is significantly longer, and has bigger hands (better handles, more steals). But his jumper is so much worse that it's hard to say he'll be better long term.

Also, freshman rondo >>>>>>>> sophomore rondo. His NBA play seems more reflective of the former, so I wouldn't value his 2005-2006 play at UK very much for judging his long-term potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

Conley has the chance to be Tony Parker with better PG skills and better defense. His ability to run the point is unparalleled in my mind for a freshman. His AST/TO ratio was phenomenal, as was his FG% of .518. His jumper needs work, but he's so quick, athletic, and under control, while also being ambidextrous, that he can finish as well as any freshman PG I've ever seen.

Rondo should be great defensively and a major asset on the boards, but he definitely doesn't have elite PG potential. His jumper is broken and always will be. He also doesn't have the elite feel you need at the position to be great offensively.

Conley has the potential to be one of the top players in the league at his position with his combination of athleticism, outstanding basketball IQ, defensive ability, finishing ability, and great PG playmaking ability. He's right up there with Paul and Williams as PG prospects in my eyes, but he isn't currently as highly regarded as they were coming out because he is only a freshman and this draft is stacked. I personally think he's the third best prospect in the draft and I hope the Bucks take him 6th.

XXXNoahXXX 06-21-2007 11:02 AM

Boston.com article talking about the Garnett to Boston rumors.

""Boston would send Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and change to Minnesota along with the No. 5 pick in the upcoming draft. In exchange, the Celtics would get Garnett."

If this exact deal went down, what do you think?

Aces McGee 06-21-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

""Boston would send Al Jefferson, Gerald Green, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff, and change to Minnesota along with the No. 5 pick in the upcoming draft. In exchange, the Celtics would get Garnett."

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too much to give up.

-McGee

capone0 06-21-2007 11:45 AM

Who would you be left with?

That is a lot though. The Wolves wouldn't have to give up their pick either? I think Garnett is good but not that good. AJ is what 22. That's 9 years younger than Garnett. I doubt AJ will overall, ever be as good, but 9 years at probally 20/11 and 1.5 bpg is a lot to give up.

So your left with Rondo, Pierce, Wally (blah), KJ, Perkins?

Bench: Ray, Gomes, Allen, West. Not a bad lineup but not that much of an upgrade atleast I don't feel. They would probally compete for the Eastern Title but could they beat Detroit, Cleveland, etc? Maybe. KG still has a lot of good years under him. For the most part he's been injury proof. Defensively he's a huge upgrade inside for the team but the team would still not be in the Spurs league by any means but they should make the playoffs. I think the trade would be more balanced if Minne had to send the #7 pick.

Minnesota would have

AJ
Green
Davis
Foye
5 pick

Bench:
Jaric
McCants
Other pick
Hassell
Howard

Clarkmeister 06-21-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

It's retarded.

Celtics trading Al for KG straight up is bad IMO.

XXXNoahXXX 06-21-2007 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

It's retarded.

Celtics trading Al for KG straight up is bad IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jefferson is probably the Celtic I'd least like to part with, but I would for KG. Not in this deal though, and not with Green and the #5 pick too.