Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Tournament Circuit/WSOP (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   ***POST 2p2 WSOP Cashes 2007 HERE*** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=418842)

Nick Rainey 06-13-2007 05:34 AM

Re: ***Official 2p2 WSOP Cashes 2007***

6/9/2007 15 No Limit Hold'em (3-Day event) $1,500

107th $4484 Nick Rainey

J.C. Gloves 06-13-2007 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

nath has formed a committee to set forth official guidelines for inclusion in this list. Please await further instructions from nath regarding who can be added to the list and which names need to be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that anyone who actually took the time to register for this message board deserves a mention on the list of cashes if they are fourtunate enuff to cash. Really, who is it gonna hurt? Only upside for that particular poster from getting a mention.

BTW- Event 20 $2,000 Stud Hi/Lo: 4th Greg Raymer [Greg Raymer (Fossilman)] $41,460 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ImsaKidd 06-13-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

nath has formed a committee to set forth official guidelines for inclusion in this list. Please await further instructions from nath regarding who can be added to the list and which names need to be removed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that anyone who actually took the time to register for this message board deserves a mention on the list of cashes if they are fourtunate enuff to cash. Really, who is it gonna hurt? Only upside for that particular poster from getting a mention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because nobody cares about a 1 post newbie. It dilutes the attention recieved by people we actually care about and have contributed to the forums.

Dawg24 06-13-2007 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because nobody cares about a 1 post newbie. It dilutes the attention recieved by people we actually care about and have contributed to the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have lurked on here for a long time....only posted 35ish times...I am playing ME...guess I wouldnt count.?! seems a little snobbish to me...but it wont hurt my feelings....but I do credit this site....HOH...and pxf.com with most of my success....

J.C. Gloves 06-14-2007 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I understand where y'all are coming from, but me (personally) I've lurked these boards for years. I've felt apart of the "know" for all of that time. Just b/c the date of my registration says '07 or my # of post isn't at a certain level doesn't mean I'm less worthy of being included if I happen to cash @ the WSOP.

But w/e, the powers that be will do what they wanna do anyway.

Rottersod 06-14-2007 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. The date of registration also matters. If I see a person with 5 posts but who registered 3 years ago I figure he's been reading and studying so he is a 2+2er. If I see someone with 5 posts who registered on the day the WSOP began or in the days preceding then he's a noob who shouldn't be counted in this years' tally.

Maybe a better way to do this would be to include only those 2+2ers with a reg date from 12/31/06 and before for the 2007 WSOP tally.

Sniper 06-14-2007 07:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
entertainme,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not true. The date of registration also matters. If I see a person with 5 posts but who registered 3 years ago I figure he's been reading and studying so he is a 2+2er. If I see someone with 5 posts who registered on the day the WSOP began or in the days preceding then he's a noob who shouldn't be counted in this years' tally.

Maybe a better way to do this would be to include only those 2+2ers with a reg date from 12/31/06 and before for the 2007 WSOP tally.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone took the time to register, they are technically a 2+2er. In many cases, it is hard to judge just how much someone is reading from their post count.

For those who feel there is a difference you could always label the '07 2+2 members as "2+2 rookies" on the list, which should satisfy everyone.

Just a compromise suggestion.

entertainme 06-14-2007 11:35 AM

Hi,

Been really busy IRL. Lots of work again today. Will do an update as time allows. My apologies for the delay. Just want everyone to know I haven't forgotten!

El Diablo 06-14-2007 02:10 PM

JC, Dawg, and others:

Thanks for the comments. Nath's committee will be taking them under advisement and will provide an official ruling in the near future.

entertainme 06-14-2007 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JC, Dawg, and others:

Thanks for the comments. Nath's committee will be taking them under advisement and will provide an official ruling in the near future.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually we disbanded the committee last week. You weren't on the CC list I guess? Where IS that memo?