Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   BABAR'S FOXWOODS TRIP REPORTS (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=417595)

dchz 06-07-2007 07:13 AM

Re: BABAR\'S FOXWOODS TRIP REPORTS

such a tease, climax already....

00Snitch 06-07-2007 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought AllDays avatar pic looked suspiciously like it was cut from an old school aussie rules team photo

[/ QUOTE ]

I have suspected this for some time....

train. 06-07-2007 08:17 AM

[bud lite johnny voice] I love you man. [/voice]

DavidC 06-07-2007 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Day 3 began at about 6am, two hours after we were just falling asleep. DavidC Kramered his way into the hotel room,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol thanks for your patience with that guys (like 4 days in a row). Also, I think day three was unique because Babar was sleeping on the floor and I kicked him on my way to my sleeping bad by accident.

[ QUOTE ]
Also I had my first experience with “fruit on the bottom yogurt”,

[/ QUOTE ]

Just thought I'd add: There's not much funnier than watching Todd grimace as he eats an entire cup of plain yogurt, just so see all the fruit at the bottom when he's done. Bonus points if your waffle is covered in a foot of whip cream when this happens.

[ QUOTE ]
I bet, Georgetown checkraises again (okay this is getting kind of stupid), Drew has to walk away to control himself,

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I can totally see this happening.

[ QUOTE ]
then finally we GO TO PLAY THE 4/8 LIMITED HOLD THEM, THE BUICK OF POKER,

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, don't be hatin' on Buicks.

nerdking 06-07-2007 10:37 AM

Part the 3rd of this TR is gold. Sheer, mined from Africa by natives working for slave wages, gold. Hemingway could not write this well, as I don't think he played much hold'em--but had he, his trip reports would pale in comparison to your prose, sir. Bravo and Brava, continue to publish only the best...

TehPokarKing 06-07-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Other remarkable hands included other sets flopped and monies shipped, as well as one time when Dave decided to 3barrel some guy with 64o unimproved, and the guy tanked and finally ended up not folding his natural king high flush or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be fair, we actually had a relatively long discussion about the strategy of his PFR to $78 (like 39BB) given the table conditions, etc. After asking him at several points what he had and getting, "my cardz isn't important, eh," we figured he could only have a monster.

We ultimately concluded that he would only get called here by someone who beats him and that the pot wasn't really big enough to risk so much and then learned that he actually had 62o and that the range of hands that beat him could be narrowed down to any two cards.

Befolder 06-07-2007 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

*CRASH* as a framed hotel print of some indeterminate flower falls of the wall.
God dammit DAVE!!!”

“Oh sorry guys, didn’t realize you were awake”

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL? This makes no sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to understand Canadian to get it.

BigBadBabar 06-07-2007 11:33 AM

falls *off* the wall
sorry, missed my first typo

Thomas Newton 06-07-2007 12:00 PM

'LIMITED HOLD THEM, THE BUICK OF POKER, WHERE YOU PUT A MAN TO A DECISION FOR SOME OF HIS CHIPS, OVER AND OVER AND OVER'

Nice work BBB, very chucklesome.

DavidC 06-07-2007 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, don't be hatin' on Buicks.

[/ QUOTE ]

True story. There's a GM dealership near my old high school, and I really liked the look of Buicks when I walked by them. So dignified...

Anyways, fast forward to a few years ago when it suddenly became "cool" to throw poker expressions into real life situations. I was walking past a gas station on my way home from a co-op/internship that I was working as a student, and saw one of these roll out of a gas station. I watched it go by and solemnly said to myself, "Nice hand."