Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Controversy at the Playboy mansion (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=391939)

Pauly3511 05-01-2007 04:09 PM

Re: Controversy at the Playboy mansion

[ QUOTE ]
Abusing Joy or, worse, the associated charity via phone or email is extremely wrong, and I'm sure it would lead Terrence to regret ever posting this at all. Don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if you think the charity would not like to know any of this you are one extremely foolish person. e-mail sent I'm sure it wont be the last.

NLfool 05-01-2007 04:10 PM

wow is all I can say. Is this chick serious? Does Terrence not get to claim even the 3rd place prize? I hope this chick never gets another job hosting a tournament. People should go to any tournament ask if she is working and decline to enter.

otnemem 05-01-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Abusing Joy or, worse, the associated charity via phone or email is extremely wrong, and I'm sure it would lead Terrence to regret ever posting this at all. Don't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm tags? Nobody should abuse the charity, but they should bring to its attention who's representing it...

msin 05-01-2007 04:36 PM

Eh, abuse is only short lived, and the issue with her is MUCH bigger than a poker thing- it's a wannabe celebrity hobknobbing thing. She clearly has a big time god complex- imho, getting her thrown out on her ass from her little PR firm would be a nice rectification.

27offsuit 05-01-2007 04:47 PM

She even looks like a bitch.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ageMasters.jpg

27offsuit 05-01-2007 04:50 PM

What a trashy bizza:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...onWalhroos.jpg

BrandiHawbaked 05-01-2007 05:03 PM

Annie Duke should never been invited to the playboy mansion, she looks like a man anyway and a mediocre poker player.

KittyLiquor 05-01-2007 05:59 PM

I'll bet you could probably even sue. Might now win, but the bluff would be believable. You entered into a contract. The terms (blinds and prizes) were explicity stated. You entered into the contract and held up your end. They didn't.

Like I said, I'm not sure you'd win, but if I was the CEO of the charity and received a letter from a lawyer laying out the case I'd crap my pants. I'll bet some lawyer here be willing to make the bluff.

------------Meow

kutuz_off 05-01-2007 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm tags? Nobody should abuse the charity, but they should bring to its attention who's representing it...

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda foresaw this happening, based on some comments in Terrence's LJ and here.

AJackson 05-01-2007 06:02 PM

I really don't think she's mentally stable. I have trouble imagining a profession behaving like this. I guess Olivert should be glad he's no longer alone and a can at least say, I'm glad I'm not her.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...page=0&vc=1

You really should read the threads over at terrence's blog, but for those that don't feel like it I pulled some of the better Joy comments.

She confirmed that she said the following to Terrence on the phone with one correction which is also listed below

"I know everyone in poker. All of them know that I am in no way shady, that I do good work for this charity."

"I am here with the people at CardPlayer, at PokerPages, at [other media outlets I can't remember] so good luck with your career." She says she added, "when I HAVE ANY SAY"

"Remember one thing, Terrence, you're not Johnny Chan, you're Terrence Chan."

"I think you are [censored]."

"You can ask anyone on 2+2, and anyone who knows me knows that I am totally honest and not shady at all, and if you post on 2+2, there will be a few wannabes that don't know me, and everyone that knows me will just laugh at you."

"I'm refunding your money because you didn't sign anything, there's no evidence that you won anything, and don't even try to claim your prizes because they've been donated to charity."

When someone suggested legal action

"I DARE YOU! I [censored] dare YOU...we are a 510 c3 organization and if you want me to personally mail/email your ignorant ass who has benefited from the charity then i will. we had a WSOP TD running the tournament by CA and USTD rules and if you EVER EVER EVER again question the integrity of the tournament, I DARE you to call us...ummm..what did you say? wrong, illegal and unethical to my [censored] face! AGAIN...the choices were MINE do NOT call in to question the charity or anyone else involved. My email and phone number are below..,have your FATHER the Auctioneer call me...ASK someone who you MIGHT actually know in poker who i am...or maybe you should just get on Match.com and find a boyfriend instead of kissing Terrence's ass to get a date"

When someone told her she was hurting her own reputation and should take an anger management course after apologizing she replied

"YOU can kiss my ass...you don't know me. you read a blog. the end. I left my email and phone numnber below if you ever actually buy in to an event over $300 or do more than troll poker websites to talk [censored] about things you have NO idea about, then YOU can APOLIGIZE to ME!"

When someone asked what month's playboy she was in, she replied

"The one ur Dad left your Mom for you piece of [censored].

This was serious and you had too much NERDY time on this [censored] to pay attention to other people. Why don't you go do soemthing that affects the world?"

And lastly to a guy who was there

"If you were at the WSOP (i'm assuming in the audience like a common person, obviously not playing or i would have know who you are)"