Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   more bbv retardedness (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383771)

MEbenhoe 04-23-2007 11:08 PM

Re: more bbv retardedness

I would find non-* week to be an interesting idea. I think its worth admitting to ourselves that had a system like that been in place when we were first posting, we probably all would have ended up with a * or two ourselves.

daryn 04-23-2007 11:18 PM

i think you guys overestimate the number of * that are even given out. i can't remember the last one i gave to a non-obvious troll.

NT! 04-23-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would find non-* week to be an interesting idea. I think its worth admitting to ourselves that had a system like that been in place when we were first posting, we probably all would have ended up with a * or two ourselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i dunno about this, what percentage of posters with >100 posts do you figure have a *? i'm not all that interested in the idea of a *less week, as i said i don't think it will accomplish much. but if there was a big push to do it or something i wouldn't object. however i doubt you'd see OOT mods getting behind it.

MEbenhoe 04-24-2007 12:08 AM

you guys are probably right. I might be getting sucked into the post count #s too much, and even though I dont see anything to dislike about OOT, I continue to see OOTs numbers drop off every month so I figure there must be something wrong, but maybe there isn't and maybe post count numbers aren't the best way to measure the success/failure of OOT.

MrWookie 04-24-2007 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i too check the lounge and read it sometimes, but lately i've just found gay games. when did the lounge turn into a poor man's POG?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Lounge seems to wax and wane with content a fair bit. A couple weeks ago we were much busier than we are now. Hopefully I can get Borodog to revive the AC thread we had going, as that seemed to be working pretty well. The games are a once weekly thing.

diebitter 04-24-2007 02:07 AM

It appears to me the OOT mods + El Diablo don't want to react to falling numbers in OOT, and just either think it's fine, want to criticise other forums and deflect attention away from OOT, or point to the numbers as still high without considering the trend in falling views - even while mods traditionally supportive of their modding in OOT are suggesting there's a problem.

How about considering it another way. One for El Diablo, perhaps:

f a company with no competition is doing great, and competition comes along and it starts to lose its market, is it best to continue as it's going, point out smaller companies are doing worse than it as a way to show it's still okay, or should it react?

El D, what do you do?

A) Deny the problem
B) Leave management as is cos that's just how it is (with an eye to reacting in future if it continues),
C) give em a good bit of motivation to improve, or
D) change the management team?
E) Or something else?

I look forward to an answer from El D or the OOT mods.

El Diablo 04-24-2007 02:26 AM

db,

Please see my responses to sam in this thread for my opinion on this topic.

As usual, you are contributing nothing of any positive value, nor do I expect you to.

diebitter 04-24-2007 02:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
db,

Please see my responses to sam in this thread for my opinion on this topic.

As usual, you are contributing nothing of any positive value, nor do I expect you to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you did mostly ask others what to do, and picked up on maybe removing the * system for a week - which the OOT mods don't want to do. I've suggested a few things more than that, but as usual, no meaningful discussion of these has happened, nor any reasonable reply to what's wrong with them.

So I'll sign you up for (A). Any objection, or do you want to change that?

Next please.

El Diablo 04-24-2007 02:44 AM

db,

All I really see from you is repeated insistence that:

a) You never read OOT
b) OOT sucks balls

diebitter 04-24-2007 03:11 AM

El D.

Is oot okay as it is?