Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   most famous 5 seconds of music ever? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380187)

JordanIB 04-17-2007 09:29 AM

Re: most famous 5 seconds of music ever?

beginning of Crazy Train?

oe39 04-17-2007 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Baba O'Riley

[/ QUOTE ]

a lot of people who listen to this song don't even know the name of it

pokerspite 04-17-2007 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As much as it pains me to mention it -Thriller by Michael Jackson

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to say Billie Jean.

Since a least half the demographic is going to be female, and since you must name the song and artist, that eliminates every rock song mentioned so far.

prohornblower 04-17-2007 11:10 AM

The Macarena?

Or "Hold the Line" by Toto.

battschr 04-17-2007 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baba O'Riley

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Daddy Warbucks 04-17-2007 11:15 AM

Wow, i can't believe there's not a single nomination for "is this the real life, is this just fantasy?", the opening 5 seconds to Queens Bohemian Rhapsody!

Borodog 04-17-2007 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Happy Birthday

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog 04-17-2007 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Obviously you don't know America [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Here's a crash course:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GeMhxvYq1Ww

[/ QUOTE ]

*shudders*

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I have a really tough time watching such videos like that one and what Jay Leno does, etc.

It doesn't even strike me as 'funny' per-se. It just REALLY disturbs me for some reason.

I guess I just like to live in my own fantasy-world where people aren't REALLY this stupid.

This one might even bother me a little bit more because I get the impression it was going back to a British audience which just leaves me really embarassed.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob,

You shouldn't feel embarassed; you should feel free to laugh at them. As my wife pointed out to me, the only reason the bit is funny is that the majority of the audience knows all of the correct answers. Hence the "average guy" is not the boob being interviewed, but the person laughing at the boob being interviewed.

pokerbobo 04-17-2007 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Baba O'Riley

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah dude, maybe that song "Teenage Wasteland" by the Who would qualify...but I dont know if I've ever even heard Baba O'riley. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

pokerbobo 04-17-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Obviously you don't know America [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Here's a crash course:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GeMhxvYq1Ww

[/ QUOTE ]

*shudders*

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I have a really tough time watching such videos like that one and what Jay Leno does, etc.

It doesn't even strike me as 'funny' per-se. It just REALLY disturbs me for some reason.

I guess I just like to live in my own fantasy-world where people aren't REALLY this stupid.

This one might even bother me a little bit more because I get the impression it was going back to a British audience which just leaves me really embarassed.

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob,

You shouldn't feel embarassed; you should feel free to laugh at them. As my wife pointed out to me, the only reason the bit is funny is that the majority of the audience knows all of the correct answers. Hence the "average guy" is not the boob being interviewed, but the person laughing at the boob being interviewed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the first time I remember not being in agreement with Boro. I would guess 75% of Americans dont know who Blair is. Political questions are not the strong suit of the US populace. Many more people would recognize Sangina from American Idol than most politicians.
Look at the morons that "we" (they) elected in this country... how smart is the genpop when you look at it that way? (85 % have almost zero understanding of economics IMO, this would include congress...philosophy is a "dead" art, basic understanding of govt function is lacking... this list could go on and on)
Sorry Boro...we have a roughly 50 % moron rate in the US IMO. I wish we did'nt, but the stupidity of many Americans is alive and well. I for one am thankful for people like you who help me keep my hopes up for a better country and world...but for every Borodog there are 5 idiots.