Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   The "Emperor's nose" fallacy & poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=354022)

indianaV8 03-17-2007 12:54 PM

Re: The \"Emperor\'s nose\" fallacy & poker

> the problem is that this all goes out the window
> once the action starts, because ...
> (1) other information becomes available

Sure.

> and (2) this level of calculation really isn't feasible
> once the flop comes.

Wrong.

> Pokerstive, SC numbers

... are some practical applications of having the right data + doing the right math (the point of the story in this thread) -- and are doing / meaning pretty basic stuff

Gonso -- I've seen other thread where you're mixing up stuff once it get more theoretical, you should stay in the practical discussions which works OK

(kidding - just keepign the spirit of the thread ;-)

7n7 03-17-2007 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you guys really need to go back and read ToP. Some of these posts are frankly pathetic.

If you don't understand that my eAK/TT xample was a very simple case of pot odds, then there's no point in further discussion, because you're so hoplessly lacking in background information that nothing can be explained to you.

The fact that it's the same 3 posters that keep having problems understanding says a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

3 vs. 1...what are the odds you're wrong? Hint: it's not 1:1.

Go ahead and explain that TT vs. AK hand to us, exactly as you originally wrote it. Set us straight. Please. It cheers me up.

Gonso 03-17-2007 01:03 PM

Splawndarts, you are completely lost in your own little world... you've tried to explain, you've just been proven wrong... again and again

[ QUOTE ]
Gonso -- I've seen other thread where you're mixing up stuff once it get more theoretical, you should stay in the practical discussions which works OK

[/ QUOTE ]

indianav8 - I've seen all of the other threads where you are coming to splawndarts's rescue also, and I believe you two are the same poster. If 'either of you' have cash on Stars we can take this to BBV, have a HU throwdown, and talk theory after

Edit: a quick check finds you each in the same post very often

indianaV8 03-17-2007 01:20 PM

Gonso, we aren't the same person. Dunno about Splawn, but I have been already in mail communication with several posters, i.e. - dont care much of privacy

I don't see how is it relevant on which side I am, I don't care about this - except I joke sometimes around that, I said I liked the story and a bit of stuff around the two main points in it, that's it.

HU on stars - why should I loose time for that?
I only claimed that you sometimes have serious misunderstandings on poker theory topics, not that you are a bad player, actually the opposite (is what I said).

If you felt offended whatsoever let's drink a beer on this year WSOP and overcome it.

Gonso 03-17-2007 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
HU on stars - why should I loose time for that?

[/ QUOTE ]
You guys make some of the same errors spelling-wise also. lol. 2 to 1 same IP address

As far as the theory goes, I post in PT because of my interest in the subject. That said, if you really want to attack my understanding of PT see above. After all, I'm a dealer, I'm supposed to suck at poker

If you think I have "serious misunderstandings", you should post under one name and address me directly in the threads in question

thanksabunch

[ QUOTE ]
If you felt offended whatsoever let's drink a beer on this year WSOP and overcome it.

[/ QUOTE ]
<-----
No can do, Harrah's Entertainment employee, I'll look for you in the lobby

Now put Splawn back on lol

indianaV8 03-17-2007 01:40 PM

I do post under one name, and w.r.t to the IP you can make a request to admin of the site to verify that and put the results.

As I said - I do think you have serious misunderstandings in poker theory and on how practical results are derived of that (not on he practical results themselve), and sentence like let's play HU to see who understands better PT proves that.

Gonso 03-17-2007 01:46 PM

Please be more specific, funny this is the first time I've heard you attack my understanding of the game. What serious misundertandings are we talking about?

indianaV8 03-17-2007 01:49 PM

Not you understanding of the game, but the theory of the game.

Gonso 03-17-2007 01:52 PM

Waiting

Edit: I glanced through a few of your prior posts, don't really think you're in a position to talk about anyone's PT at all. Also, yeah you and Splawndarts keep popping up together.

I'll get back to this later, going to Best Buy.

SplawnDarts 03-17-2007 02:12 PM

So now Goso's gone off the handle on another oster who's pointing out his weak grasp of theory.

Nice [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]