Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   bill walton qoutes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=298982)

tuq 01-05-2007 06:45 PM

Re: bill walton qoutes

[ QUOTE ]
QFT. Jason Kidd would in theory turn that All-White team around 360 degrees.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get how you know all this obscure awesome sports stuff yet don't post in the Sports forum. You and Alobar need to know there is more to 2+2 than OOT. There is also Sports. And ATF.

Alobar 01-05-2007 06:46 PM

I guess im the only one who hates this man.

Maybe im being leveled by him, the incredibly stupid statements he makes he doesnt really believe, hes just sooo funny and sarcastic its over my head.

while I personally think this is impossible, I will watch the next game hes on and pretend this is the case, maybe I will find him as awesome as everyone else and enjoy his commentary.

Dids 01-05-2007 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how the hell do you come to that conclusions? based on watching tons of Horry games? I mean thats why the proclomation is so absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC,

All I'm saying is that that's what Walton said.

Horry did have the advantage of being the guy who hung around the 3 point line and passed it into Hakeem and Shaq, and he struck me as being pretty good at it...

kidcolin 01-05-2007 06:51 PM

Alobar,

Many share your feelings in this world. I still don't love him. I just can tolerate him now, and he ocassionally has gems. What aren't being mentioned here are all of the not-so-funny, awful comments he's prone to make.

lapoker17 01-05-2007 06:52 PM

“Yao Ming is the best thing to happen to the NBA in a long time. He is just a beautiful person inside and out. The vision, the creativity, the gentleness of spirit … he has it all.”

Whenever the refs aren't up to Bill's standards: “Why even have a rulebook?”

On Kobe's offseason weight training: "The added muscle and bulk from pushing that steel and the natural maturation process now enables this grandmaster to regularly accomplish the unimaginable without dragging around excessive bulk and baggage. Most top players get to the point where they truly believe that anything is possible. Most are also governed by gravity, the laws of physics and self-regulating mental control mechanisms. Kobe has left all these behind. The extra strength and stamina have made him a superior 3-point shooter, a most dominant defender and arguably the game's top rebounder."

"Kenyon Martin is the 2nd best player in the Eastern Conference."

“Eric Piatkowski makes perhaps the greatest defensive play in Clipper history!”

"What hath God wrought -- Todd MacCulloch has changed his name."

skunkworks 01-05-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how the hell do you come to that conclusions? based on watching tons of Horry games? I mean thats why the proclomation is so absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've watched metric f-tons of Horry games. I can't recall him getting entry passes tipped or intercepted. His length allowed him to get the ball to the post easily regardless of who was on him. He was a good 3-point shooter so you couldn't sag off of him, and if you did, he'd fake the 3 so the defender would have to close out at which point he'd make the pass and make the dive to the hoop, hopefully beating his defender. And every now and then, he'd run the perfect give-and-go with Shaq where at the free throw line he would take one dribble/two steps before slamming it home gracefully.

skunkworks 01-05-2007 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"What hath God wrought -- Todd MacCulloch has changed his name."

[/ QUOTE ]
lol Todd MacCulloch

Aloysius 01-05-2007 06:59 PM

Skunk - I'm pretty sure now that you are in love with Robert Horry.

-Al

tuq 01-05-2007 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Skunk - I'm pretty sure now that you are in love with Robert Horry.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it was established in that other thread that Asians and Blacks don't hook up. Sorry skunk. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

ThaSaltCracka 01-05-2007 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I'm saying is that that's what Walton said.

[/ QUOTE ] I know, and thats the thing about Walton. 99.999999% people would never notice this, and most would never comment on this. Its just something so silly about Walton. He makes observations and statements that are mostly silly, pointless, but also insightful.

You can tell he loves basketball.

Another gem
"Earl Watson, the UCLA legend, with a nice pass"