Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   If poker sites are rigged, let's prove it. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=294878)

trader01 01-17-2007 04:06 PM

Re: If poker sites are rigged, let\'s prove it.

How about this as a probability analysis: what are the chances that in a tournament running for about 1 hour and having observed about 60 hands during that time, I saw no less than 5 all-ins where the top guy was either a 9 to 1 favorite (AK vs. A8 for example) or a 4 to 1 favorite (JJ vs 22), and lost every single time, most of those times on the river card. Want to tell me what the chances are of that happening 5 times in 60 hands? Once it was me that it happened to... another time it happened to another guy at the same table who said it was the second time or third time that it had happened to him that day, and he quit. I see this kind of absolute garbage ALL THE TIME, and hear other players complaining about it ALL THE TIME. In fact, I think I might be quitting online poker soon because of it... I never see this kind of crap in regular poker games.

1p0kerboy 01-17-2007 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
9 to 1 favorite (AK vs. A8 for example)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.

questions 01-17-2007 04:11 PM

>>As a site, you don't have to rig the flop/turn/river, just rig the initial hand distribution to make higher cards show up in groups (like AA showing up with AK, KK, or QQ, which is something I am seeing a ridiculous amount of - going all in with KK is a real adventure, let me tell you).<<

Okay, so let's say that a player suspects this is happening. Solution: go all-in only with pocket aces. 85% of the time heads up, pockets aces should win. It wouldn't take that many cracked-aces hands to demonstrate that pocket aces doesn't carry the statistical weight it should. However, most of the time my aces hold up. 85% of the time? Can't say for sure but definitely 3 out of 4 times.

trader01 01-17-2007 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
9 to 1 favorite (AK vs. A8 for example)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoops - you're right - looked at the wrong figures, it's actually a 3 to 1 favorite... however it's still wrong when a 3-or-4 to 1 favorite loses 5 showdowns in a row in only 60 hands... oh yeah, and between the last time I posted and now, it happened again twice in the same tournament (15 minutes).

HeavilyArmed 01-17-2007 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How about this as a probability analysis: what are the chances that in a tournament running for about 1 hour and having observed about 60 hands during that time, I saw no less than 5 all-ins where the top guy was either a 9 to 1 favorite (AK vs. A8 for example) or a 4 to 1 favorite (JJ vs 22), and lost every single time, most of those times on the river card. Want to tell me what the chances are of that happening 5 times in 60 hands? Once it was me that it happened to... another time it happened to another guy at the same table who said it was the second time or third time that it had happened to him that day, and he quit. I see this kind of absolute garbage ALL THE TIME, and hear other players complaining about it ALL THE TIME. In fact, I think I might be quitting online poker soon because of it... I never see this kind of crap in regular poker games.

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense but this is a bunch of anecdotal junk, no statistical value. To be worth a lick you need to be a lot more structured.

Yakuman 01-17-2007 05:00 PM

Poker is rigged by the same people who make sure it rains every time you wash your car.

LeeLoo 01-17-2007 05:29 PM

Out of all the places it could rain in the world what are the odds it rains on your car right after you wash it. Must be 9 to 1, no 3 to 1, if it happens 5 times in a row look over your shoulder and look out for lightning.