Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Special Sklansky Forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   Chimpanzee Fight Question From El Diablo (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=271510)

UATrewqaz 12-01-2006 05:55 AM

Re: Chimpanzee Fight Question From El Diablo

I think a chimp would win this fight the overwhelming majority of the time.

The chimp is much stronger and much faster and more agile, so he'd win a brute force match easy. That doesn't even count his teeth which would also mess someone up terribly. Plus a chimp has much greater control of it's legs, so it can whale on the human with 4 limbs much more effectively than the humans kicks would.

What would the human be wearing btw?

The only advantage a trained fighter would have is knowledge of various holds and moves, but I don't think he could effectively get a chimp in these holds.

Not only because they are much stronger and faster than a human, but also they are proportioned differently (much longer arms and legs).

Like I said, I think the chimp wins the vast majority of the time.

WelshMackem 12-01-2006 06:12 AM

Let's look at this from a different perspective.

Every Which Way But Loose - Clint Eastwood is as hard as nails, yet needs to repeatedly beat on peole to get a result, Clyde, the chimpanzee never needs more than one lackadaisical punch.

The chimp wins.

More seriously, those who keep referring to "the monkey" obviously have no authority on the subject whatever as this description would apply equally (little) to both combatants and their arguments are devalued immeasurably by starting from such an ignorant standpoint.

In terms of the fight itself, I contend that there is not a (n unarmed) human on the planet who is remotely equipped to deal with the strength, speed, agility and raw ferocity of a really pissed off, homicidal chimpanzee.

Before his untimely death, Steve Irwin might have stood a chance if he had a couple of crocodiles to use against the big furball, but I'd have to class that as use of illegal weapons as far as the contest goes.

Sanchez1Fan 12-01-2006 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
chuck liddel would smoke a chimp. the chimp would not be able to grapple or take chuck down and the chimp would get ktfo! now a grappling ufc champ like hughes would have major problems with the chimps strength and teeth. but chuck would take the poor little things head off.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds like you've watched some UFC guys in some fights. But how many chimps have you watched in some fights?

[/ QUOTE ] as a jiu jitsu student i can tell you that most locks would be worthless on a chimp. the rear naked choke(sleeper) would be the only one that would work but getting it on a super strong chimp would most likely be imposible. armbar would be the move that the chimp is most suseptible to. but thats what would f*** you because how the armbar works is it puts the strenght of your whole body against you opponents bicept. and from the sound of it the chimps bicept would be stronger than your whole body. so i stick to my origonal pick. chuck over chimp and chimp over grappler.

kickpushcoast 12-01-2006 07:19 AM

i've fought in MMA fights, i am 6'2 225 pounds. i'm mid level, not anywhere near the top flight guys(but much closer to them then most of you would be to me), im as strong or stronger than most of them(obv not matt hughes). there is no way in hell id fight a damn chimpanzee, i think anyone who thinks an MMA fighter could take out a wild animal with more strength, quicker reflexes and a denser skull, not to mention teeth, vastly overemphasizes human abilities compared to what's out there in nature

Sanchez1Fan 12-01-2006 07:34 AM

kick push coast may fight mma but he has never been thumbed in the eye by chuck.

seano34 12-01-2006 07:39 AM

Lol I wonder who on this thread is on the UG as well?

A chimp would [censored] rape any human. It would bite chuck's thumb clean off as soon as it went near his eye.

Lol at the dude thinking a chimp is going to allow a human to take his back while he patiently tries to escape.

BWahahaha

kickpushcoast 12-01-2006 07:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
kick push coast may fight mma but he has never been thumbed in the eye by chuck.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha no but ive sure went to strip clubs and got drunk with him

Sanchez1Fan 12-01-2006 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol I wonder who on this thread is on the UG as well?

A chimp would [censored] rape any human. It would bite chuck's thumb clean off as soon as it went near his eye.

Lol at the dude thinking a chimp is going to allow a human to take his back while he patiently tries to escape.

BWahahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread is posted in the pokerground on the ug

and come to think of it a triangle might just be the grapplers best shot at the chimp. as long as the chimp doesnt bite your balls off. but if you pulled guard and locked it in the chimp would be screwed. but thats a very big if.

Sanchez1Fan 12-01-2006 07:48 AM

Chimp:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMfuUE0zoCc

vs

Chuck:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=limksNODJ3U

Chuck all day long!

Metric 12-01-2006 07:57 AM

Another interesting way to phrase the question: How much technology would be required for "mr. average 25 year old guy who practiced a bit of martial arts in highschool" to have an advantage over "mr. average wild adult male chimp" in a fight to the death.

none?
walking stick?
small pocket knife?
medium sized locking pocket knife?
crowbar?
machete?
handgun?
shotgun?
(etc.)?