Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   **Trading Deadline Thread ** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=174150)

CharlieDontSurf 07-31-2006 04:36 PM

Re: **Trading Deadline Thread **

Did the Red Sox make any moves?

Baxter 07-31-2006 04:37 PM

Also:

"The Rays might give Guzman a job right away, possibly playing him in right field or first base. Sergio Pedroza, the other prospect acquired today, is a couple of years away."

JordanIB 07-31-2006 04:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NY talk radio is indicating that the Linebrook deal didn't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that was just Mad Dog not knowing what was up.

A lot of other more reliable sources have the Linebrink deal as official.

kyleb 07-31-2006 04:37 PM

The Dodgers are so [censored] stupid. They follow the Brian Sabean "trade your best minor league prospects for big league guys" playbook to the hilt, which is a great way to build an overpriced and underperforming franchise unless you have Barry Bonds on the squad.

The Dodgers had the most stocked farm system and to see cheap, young, and good talent go to waste is embarassing. I guess this is another thing we can blame on DePodesta for no reason.

TheRover 07-31-2006 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Per rotoworld.com

"According to ESPN, Julio Lugo has been traded to the Dodgers for Joel Guzman and Sergio Pedroza"

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus.

Dodgers get pwnd. Guzman is a top level prospect, although I think he's overrated. Pedroza has some awesome numbers in A ball but I've never heard of him. He's 22...

[/ QUOTE ]

Please contradict yourself more.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh?

do you like this trade for LAD?

JordanIB 07-31-2006 04:41 PM

Metsblog backtracking on their statement of Linebrink deal being official.

Either way I like it. You either get a potential excellent young starter in Perez, or you get a stud reliever.

samjjones 07-31-2006 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also:

"The Rays might give Guzman a job right away, possibly playing him in right field or first base. Sergio Pedroza, the other prospect acquired today, is a couple of years away."

[/ QUOTE ]
This makes sense for this year, but Guzman needs to play 3B. Their OF is absolutely stacked, and Bankston can play 1B. Guzman's athleticism is wasted at 3B (as is Upton's if he is not used at SS). In any event, TB has some extremely exciting position player prospects now.

Baxter 07-31-2006 04:42 PM

CDS, here's what rotoworld.com says about the Red Sox:

"After conferring with GM Theo Epstein, Red Sox manager Terry Francona said "nothing has happened and he doesn’t foresee anything happening."

It looks like the deadline came and went without the Red Sox doing anything to match the Yankees."

LionelHutz00 07-31-2006 04:44 PM

I'm speechless about this Lugo/ Guzman trade. Either Coletti is insane or they just found out that Guzman has Lou Gehrig's disease and they want to get something for him.

CharlieDontSurf 07-31-2006 04:45 PM

So basically the Yankees will be getting Abreu, Lidle, Cano, Sheffield, Wilson, Matsui, Dotel, and maybe Pavano.

and the Red Sox will get David Wells?

works for me.