Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Well: mosuavea (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=165431)

Gobgogbog 07-19-2006 03:02 PM

Re: The Well: mosuavea

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Id like to volunteer to be in the well ASAP.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meeeeee toooooooooooooooo

orange 07-19-2006 03:10 PM

mous,
cool thread, good to see us getting to know you better.

what are your thoughts on 'pot sweetening' or bloating the pot pf? ie. 5 limpers to you, and you raise either 2x or 3x the BB with something like A3s or 45s. I know many posters on this forum are divided on that matter.

Stealthy 07-19-2006 03:13 PM

1. As a weak/tight player how do you deal with the check/mini-raise to your continuation bet when your hand is marginal. i.e middle pair with no good draws?

2. What percentage are you continuation betting as pre-flop raisor v one and two opponents?

3. What is the most expensive thing you have brought solely with your poker winnings?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what are your thoughts on 'pot sweetening' or bloating the pot pf? ie. 5 limpers to you, and you raise either 2x or 3x the BB with something like A3s or 45s. I know many posters on this forum are divided on that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pretty much make standard raises but do see merits in doing that with that many limpers. At FT, I am rarely lucky enough to have a lot of limpers, especially full stacked ones.

I recall the threads and have read the parts of the NLT&P that were of much debate about openlimping and fluctuating raise sizes and think that they do have their place, there should be no standard.

I 6-8 table though so I am autopiloting a lot fo the time.

dazraf69 07-19-2006 03:26 PM

Q: Do you treat the min-raise at 25NL the same as you would a standrad raise in the BB? other positions? I have seem to be compelled to call or raise just to punish a weak bet like that.
Q: Is this a leak?

Q: Do you open ur range when it comes to calling a min-raise since it is almost like just limping?

mosuavea 07-19-2006 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. As a weak/tight player how do you deal with the check/mini-raise to your continuation bet when your hand is marginal. i.e middle pair with no good draws?

2. What percentage are you continuation betting as pre-flop raisor v one and two opponents?

3. What is the most expensive thing you have brought solely with your poker winnings?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Depends on the opponent, sometimes I will repop, some times I fold, sometimes I call and revaluate. My table image the board texture alos play a role. Even being weak-tight, I am not folding every flop I miss to a bet [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

2.Versus 1, I would say 90+% of the time.
Vs 2, I would say it depend son a lot fo the things I disscused in your first question, mainly my hand, the board and the opponents. Also my psotion would make a difference

3. Couple trips to Vegas for the GF and I and this web page

mosuavea 07-19-2006 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Q: Do you treat the min-raise at 25NL the same as you would a standrad raise in the BB? other positions? I have seem to be compelled to call or raise just to punish a weak bet like that.
Q: Is this a leak?

Q: Do you open ur range when it comes to calling a min-raise since it is almost like just limping?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Depends on how often the guy is doing it, how bad he is and how good my cards are. I am probably tighter than most here out of the blinds, although 4_2 could be beating me in that department!

1a. I would say its a leak if you are calling a min raise with no limpers with rubbish because its only a BB to you.

2. Same as above, I would be more inclined to call being in position though.

Gelford 07-19-2006 03:32 PM

How do you play draws OOP on flop (in an unraised pot and also if you find yourself in a raised pot) ??

thedustbustr 07-19-2006 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mous,
cool thread, good to see us getting to know you better.

[/ QUOTE ]
this is almost certainly -EV, ill try to find the original thread to respond in

matv 07-19-2006 03:40 PM

how do u play these hands from UTG in a 6-max game:

1)ATo
2)ATs
3)AJo
4)KQo
5)KJs
6)A9-A8s