Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   2007 Buffalo Bills - Does Anyone Have Any Hope? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=485932)

RikkiDee 10-29-2007 12:38 AM

Re: Go Bills!

[ QUOTE ]
losman or edwards next week? i say JP.

[/ QUOTE ]
1 pass convinced you of this - which was 50%+ lee evans anyways?

Edwards has shown potential imo, losman has basically "peaked"

jlocdog 10-30-2007 12:44 PM

If we were a good team we would learn to finish games against mediocre/good teams. And as such a 5-2 record would look pretty [censored] good.....sigh

One thing that is definitely true about this team is that they are gritty as hell and fight for every measly yard. Ugly football but us buffalo fans wouldn't have it any other way.

MacGuyV 10-30-2007 01:18 PM

Yeah the defense is extremely likeable. I feel like they're playing over their heads & might get worse next year even with fewer injuries but hopefully they're just better than we've all given them credit for.

WTF @ the offense? The pass protection has improved but the run blocking continues to suck after all the $ they spent on the OL in the offseason.

Rubeskies 11-04-2007 06:43 PM

4-4???
Easily could be 6-2????

Hmmm. Many of the wins have come against below average teams and they still look like nothing special but you gotta love their perseverance. What a story if they could be in the playoff hunt.

MacGuyV 11-04-2007 06:57 PM

Very surprised the defense only gave up 14 in this game. Surprised they actually scored 30 pts all on offense.
Gritty team for sure.

An average team would be 5-3 though. Denver sucks.

jlocdog 11-04-2007 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a useless comment. You name me a team that hasn't had a letdown or a bad loss. The NFL is way too competitive (outside of NE and IND) to be making blanket statements like that.

An average team may be worse for all we know....

MacGuyV 11-04-2007 11:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a useless comment. You name me a team that hasn't had a letdown or a bad loss. The NFL is way too competitive (outside of NE and IND) to be making blanket statements like that.

An average team may be worse for all we know....

[/ QUOTE ]

?? Of course good teams lose when they shouldn't sometimes but for every one of those they make up for it by winning a game they shouldn't. Maybe the Bills will do that @Cleveland or whatever but so far they haven't.

If you take a hypothetical NFL team that is exactly average and plays that way ever week this is what they would do w/ the Bills sched:

Denver - W
@Pit - L
@NE - L
NYJ - W
Dal - L
Balt - W
@NYJ - W
Cincy - W

jlocdog 11-05-2007 12:56 AM

By your logic:

Pitt is average at best because they lot to Arizona who lost to San Fransisco. Oh...and they lost to Denver also.

San Diego is average at best because they lost to KC who lost to Jax who lost to Houston who got smoked by San Diego.

Washington Smoked Detroit who swept the Bears yet got destroyed by the Eagles who have lost to everybody.

Shall I go on? Hypothetical nothing yo.

MacGuyV 11-05-2007 10:07 AM

Pittsburgh also won @Cleveland. Arizona is not a bad team - them on the road is certainly a "better loss" than Denver at home. I'm pretty sure none of those teams lost with 3 non-offensive TD's either. In any case I was pretty clear in evaluating the Bills whole schedule and not just cherrypicking 1 game. I realized when I was 12 you can play the "who lost to who lost to" game in the NFL. Do you have a point about the Bills that makes you think they're average or better or is this just going to be a semantics/nit fest?

supermangina 11-05-2007 11:07 AM

I hope the Bills move to Toronto.

Canada needs an NFL Team!