Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Barry Bonds indicted (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=547053)

SL__72 11-15-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Barry Bonds indicted

Not that it means much but:

Anderson's attorney, Mark Geragos, said the trainer didn't cooperate with the grand jury that indicted Bonds.

"This indictment came out of left field," Geragos said. "Frankly I'm aghast. It looks like the government misled me and Greg as well, saying this case couldn't go forward without him."

EricW 11-15-2007 08:00 PM

Ya send him to jail for 30 years! That'll show the tax payers!

Needle77 11-15-2007 08:00 PM

Oh and should everything Jose Canseco says in the future to be taken as complete and utter truth? For all the Bonds haters I feel like they should become Canseco followers.

UATrewqaz 11-15-2007 08:01 PM

Anyone who thinks Bonds is innocent should be tested for Crazy Pills.

Riverman 11-15-2007 08:03 PM

lol Stephen A Smith: "Race is definitely a huge factor here. It's not a coincidence this case was brought after Mark McGwire's retirement."

WTF, please permaban this clown from ESPN and all other media.

Los Feliz Slim 11-15-2007 08:03 PM

I think the odds of a trial being thrown around are WAY high. Unless and until we (and Barry's legal team) know more about the evidence the government has it's really impossible to predict. If he's facing certain jail time and can reduce it by pleading out of course he'll cop a plea.

Gregatron 11-15-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol Stephen A Smith: "Race is definitely a huge factor here. It's not a coincidence this case was brought after Mark McGwire's retirement."

WTF, please permaban this clown from ESPN and all other media.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, if he really said that he is a bigger moron than I thought. And I am normally sensitive to racial issues.

ConstantineX 11-15-2007 08:20 PM

Can someone in the know summarize what this forum generally thinks of Bonds? Like should he do time?

TMTTR 11-15-2007 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and should everything Jose Canseco says in the future to be taken as complete and utter truth? For all the Bonds haters I feel like they should become Canseco followers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Logic is not steroid. You can feel free to use some.

Kneel B4 Zod 11-15-2007 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone in the know summarize what this forum generally thinks of Bonds? Like should he do time?

[/ QUOTE ]

an indictment is just charges being brought against him - he hasn't been found guilty of anything yet.

if he's found guilty, I dunno...seems silly for him to go to prison; but at the same time you can't really have guys lying to grand juries and get away with it