Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES! - Boston Redsox vs Colorado Rockies (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=528199)

Dudd 10-22-2007 01:55 AM

Re: OFFICIAL WORLD SERIES! - Boston Redsox vs Colorado Rockies

Batting the pitcher in the 8th spot is beneficial if he is terrible, a good hitting pitcher who is still poor overall should be batted ninth.

THAY3R 10-22-2007 02:33 AM

OMG I CANT EVEN COMMENT ON ALL OF THIS ROCKIESNESS JUST THINKING ABOUT COMMENTING MAKES ME WANT TO KILL MYSELF

Pudge714 10-22-2007 02:40 AM

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but lesser of two evils ftw.
GO ROCKIES.

jalapenoguy 10-22-2007 02:42 AM

manny in the gigantic coors outfield should be interesting to say the least.

sethypooh21 10-22-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are we ready for serious discussion?

Do the Red Sox start Wakefield and his knuckler in the thin air of Denver for Game 4?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wake has to start game 2.

Edge34 10-22-2007 03:01 AM

My brain obviously says Red Sox in 5 or 6.

My heart says Rockies in 4 or 5.

Obviously, the story of the Rockies improbable run to the Series for the past month and a half would be amazing. Plus, I really just have no interest in seeing the change in Boston sports continue from the guys that were always trying to take down the Evil Empire into...well, the Evil Empire.

HajiShirazu 10-22-2007 03:25 AM

The pats are probably going to win the SB, so I need the rocks to pull through here so I can avoid the perma life tilt that would come from two NE teams winning the titles.
The red sox are one of the few teams I hate without even hating their players. In fact I like the players on the red sox.

Case Closed 10-22-2007 03:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

P.S.: It's annoying that we're even talking about batting pitchers. The no-DH rule is killing the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the sox are at home they should think about putting in the DH for Lugo and just let the pitchers hit!

[/ QUOTE ]

La Russa would do this in a heartbeat. Hell he batted his pitchers 8th!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
He did this so he Pujols could have more shots with people on base latter in the game. I don't know if that's a bright thing to do, but it's not like he thinks pitchers are good hitters or anything like that.

12ressiMorP 10-22-2007 03:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Rockies also have a better bullpen than the Indians. We couldn't hang with the front end of Cleveland's rotation, but we were their equals, or better, in just about every other aspect of the roster.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anything can happen in a short series, and the Rockies are on an extreme roll. So obviously they have a shot. Toronto would have a shot in a 7 game series. Seattle would. Any team would. I'm just saying, you throw the Rockies in any AL division and they would have been fighting for 3rd or 4th in that division, and playoffs would have been out of the question.

Assani Fisher 10-22-2007 06:10 AM

Very very excited to see my Rocks in the WS! Can't wait!!!