Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Little known TV shows which are really good (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=402096)

suzzer99 05-14-2007 12:07 PM

Re: Little known programs which are really good

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah. Lexx, which started out as Tales from a Parallel Universe. Sweet show, especially the first season. Kai - the undead assassin dude who looked like a buff Robert Smith is one of the cooler characters ever in sci-fi.

The best episode was when they went to this planet where everyone was addicted to a drug called Pattern, and Rutger Hauer was their leader. After they did their drugs they'd all go over to a big hole where a snake would come ouf ot the back of their necks and puke up the processed drugs to a big mother snake at the bottom. They called it The Drain. "The drain is the best part man." Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really like Lexx, it hits the mark as far as uber low budget Canadian sci fi goes. I only got into it after they left the light universe to go to the dark universe (our universe) and ive been meaning to watch the early eps when i get chance.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first episode, where Zev gets fused with the Cluster lizard and the ship accidentally imprints on Stanley is pretty awesome. Also the original Zev was so so hot.

suzzer99 05-14-2007 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Intervention on A&E is one of the best shows on tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

And one of the most depressing. One season of going through hell with those people was enough for me.

danlux 05-14-2007 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lost
Heroes
Entourage
The Office
The Sopranos

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes very little known programs.

J_T_P 05-14-2007 12:49 PM

Aqua Teen Hunger Force. one of the best shows on adult swim in my opinion. people either hate it or love it, but most people have no idea it even exists.

mason55 05-14-2007 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, does anyone remember that show about the high tech submarine with the dude from Jaws?

[/ QUOTE ]

SeaQuest DSV with Roy Scheider, Jonathan Brandis, and the talking dolphin.

Incidentally, Brandis committed suicide a few years ago.

I [censored] lovvvved that show when I was a kid.

Hendricks433 05-14-2007 12:57 PM

Re: Little known TV shows which are really good

[ QUOTE ]
- Dexter
- Weeds
- How I Met Your Mother

[/ QUOTE ] these 3 are great. Cant wait for next season of Weeds and Dexter.

TheNoodleMan 05-14-2007 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And one of the most depressing. One season of going through hell with those people was enough for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
The one where the guy is addicted to video games and they want to send him to inpatient rehab is hilarious.

I also really liked the one with the white collar guy who lost everything to coke and is still able to hide it from his friends. The guy was really good at being homeless and not looking like a bum and would eat the continental breakfast at nice hotels because he could still pass for a guest.

Wes Mantooth 05-14-2007 02:02 PM

"How I Met Your Mother" on monday nights (CBS) is a great show... must see.

RobertJohn 05-14-2007 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The one where the guy is addicted to video games and they want to send him to inpatient rehab is hilarious.

I also really liked the one with the white collar guy who lost everything to coke and is still able to hide it from his friends. The guy was really good at being homeless and not looking like a bum and would eat the continental breakfast at nice hotels because he could still pass for a guest.

[/ QUOTE ]

That show did get old (I caught ~ 4 episodes). I saw the addicted meth head/degenerate gambler one which was pretty rad. She just played slots though.

I never saw the video game addict but I imagine that would have been equally entertaining/pathetic.

So, yeah, Intervention was pretty good, but it really has no lasting appeal since the story is pretty much the same no matter the susbstance/habit the person is addicted to. I think they need more sex addictions. Sex-addicted hot chicks.

Grease 05-14-2007 02:33 PM

Re: Little known TV shows which are really good

I can't believe that no one has said this yet (It might be because the show is quite big in Britain) but Peep Show is one of the most hysterical shows I have ever seen. I like it better than either Office, and that's saying a ton.