Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Degen was just banned (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=347074)

Mat Sklansky 03-07-2007 06:54 PM

Re: Degen was just banned

We don't have any opinion about his business. The bottom line for me in deciding to ban him was the aggressiveness with which he promoted himself on this site. If we allowed unsolicited pms to go out from advertisers, everyone would wake up with 100 pms everyday. That doesn't mean we think he did anything wrong in his business. I can tell you we never received complaints about him in that regard.

[Phill] 03-07-2007 09:22 PM

By-Tor,

I didnt mean it as strongly worded as i said it - obviously its on my own back, but i felt like 2+2 in some form should make a simple clear statement.

And i thank Mat for doing so.

Rhett 03-08-2007 03:12 AM

Falang is also obviously Degan. Can mods confirm this by IP address or something and ban that account as well? Also, I think he used to post as Gauchofish or something until he publicly owed someone money under that account.

[Phill] 03-08-2007 03:28 AM

he owed Irieguy. That has been put to rest as far as im aware.

Falang 03-08-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We don't have any opinion about his business. The bottom line for me in deciding to ban him was the aggressiveness with which he promoted himself on this site. If we allowed unsolicited pms to go out from advertisers, everyone would wake up with 100 pms everyday. That doesn't mean we think he did anything wrong in his business. I can tell you we never received complaints about him in that regard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,

People keep stating this spamming issue like it is the reason for his banning.

Can you please tell us of one instance of Degen PM spamming somebody in the last 12 months? No, you cannot. Because it never happened.

Using that as an excuse for his banning is just way over the top.

He got banned because he is a prick, pure and simple.

Dids, Durron, Guildwulf, Nation and a host of other mods have personal beef with degen and strongly dislike him because he is a prick and has been to them for a very long time. They are and were very happy to see him go.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be gone for this fact but I think it is a little unfair of you yourself to site spamming as the reason for the banning when that behavior stopped long, long ago.

Falang 03-08-2007 03:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for this.

I'm going to quote a link to this post everytime somebody asks this question until the end of time.

AnthonyH 03-08-2007 05:13 AM

Has it been confirmed that Falang is Degen?

Rhett 03-08-2007 05:38 AM

I just read through this thread, and while we're at it, DontTapTheGlass is also obviously Degen. So we have:

DontTapTheGlass
GauchoFish
Falang

This guy is obviously retarded. It is completely obvious to anyone with a braincell that Falang is Degen, yet Degen is still trying to pretend he is someone else. I have been reading Degan's posts for a long time, and I have never been able to figure how how someone so stupid is susposedly good at poker.

Look at what a joke Falang's last post is. He's still trying to promote his business in here. Give up, dude!

nation 03-08-2007 07:37 AM

degen was never a prick to me. i just dont have any respect for him.

Suigin406 03-08-2007 09:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,

People keep stating this spamming issue like it is the reason for his banning.

Can you please tell us of one instance of Degen PM spamming somebody in the last 12 months? No, you cannot. Because it never happened.

Using that as an excuse for his banning is just way over the top.

He got banned because he is a prick, pure and simple.

Dids, Durron, Guildwulf, Nation and a host of other mods have personal beef with degen and strongly dislike him because he is a prick and has been to them for a very long time. They are and were very happy to see him go.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be gone for this fact but I think it is a little unfair of you yourself to site spamming as the reason for the banning when that behavior stopped long, long ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

one of the reasons why degen was banned was for spamming...again, it was a long list of events and this was one of them...so yea, it's a reason, not sure y u keep trying to dodge this...no, it wasn't the only one, but it seems like it was a huge factor, so i'm not sure why ur saying it's not relevant...