Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497718)

Zurvan 09-10-2007 01:50 PM

Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

So, I was thinking about val's threat, and realized it was pointless.

Because the jury is 9 people, 6 of them will come from our alliance, and 3 from outside of it.

[ QUOTE ]

Youre just twisting words. Nobody can be dumb enough to beleive youre rhetorical [censored].
You are basically saying "Join me or die!" as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saying, join the alliance and make it to the final 8. This is a group effort among the alliance.

Your plan isn't even a join me or die. It's a spite vote, plain and simple.

kokiri 09-10-2007 01:56 PM

this backstabbing/fps [censored] is such a [censored] canard.

basically there a not-so-big group players who've tried to sieze the game by the throat through unifying early and mudslinging. Caving in to this sort of behaviour is so craven and weak that I will be really disappointed if it's how the game turns out.

valenzuela 09-10-2007 01:56 PM

Zurvan you are going to" spite vote" for whoever doesnt join youre G-8, Im starting to think that you actually feel that youre alliance is morally superior or something, and that is really really lame.

valenzuela 09-10-2007 01:58 PM

Zurvan, the last person who joined the G-8 will need 5 votes out of 6 to win. The threat is not "pointless". Youre whole strategy on this game is to label what ure oponents do as negative.

bravos1 09-10-2007 02:00 PM

I'm in w/ Zurvan

vote Mia's Daddy for mayor!

valenzuela 09-10-2007 02:01 PM

Another example of rhethorical [censored] by zurvan if we do it its called "group effort" if the other guys do it its called "young guys ruining the game with their FPS"

Zurvan 09-10-2007 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Zurvan you are going to" spite vote" for whoever doesnt join youre G-8, Im starting to think that you actually feel that youre alliance is morally superior or something, and that is really really lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a big difference between a spite vote, and voting out people outside of your alliance.

I don't think my alliance is morally superior at all. What we are is a group that's working together for a common goal. I'm pointing out to people why it's advantageous for them to join our alliance.

You're trying to frighten people in to NOT joining the alliance, while offering them an uncertain future in the game.

Zurvan 09-10-2007 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another example of rhethorical [censored] by zurvan if we do it its called "group effort" if the other guys do it its called "young guys ruining the game with their FPS"

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even know what this means.

I'm just pointing out that, of the group not in the alliance now, there's a large number of players known for their FPS, that probably can't be trusted to hold to an alliance they make.

valenzuela 09-10-2007 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a big difference between a spite vote, and voting out people outside of your alliance.

I don't think my alliance is morally superior at all. What we are is a group that's working together for a common goal. I'm pointing out to people why it's advantageous for them to join our alliance.

You're trying to frighten people in to NOT joining the alliance, while offering them an uncertain future in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre rhethoric goes on, do you actually offer people who join youre alliance a "certain future"? Youre just telling them "When we make it to the final 8, well take it from there" That sounds quite "uncertain" to me.
Also zurvan what is going to happen to somebody who is not in youre G-8? We arent going to get spite-voted for not joining are we?

DustinG 09-10-2007 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also zurvan what is going to happen to somebody who is not in youre G-8? We arent going to get spite-voted for not joining are we?

[/ QUOTE ]

its not called a spite vote