Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   You f'in sstakes grinders prolly never do dis (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=242834)

ArturiusX 10-24-2006 03:07 AM

Re: You f\'in sstakes grinders prolly never do dis

Context is so important here.

aflaba 10-27-2006 09:41 AM

I guess I'm a bit slow... What's the advantage of raising the flop here over floating and then betting when checked to?

10-27-2006 09:46 AM

by calling flop w. plans plan of bluffing if checked to basically he HAS to check to us again on turn for this to work.

if he is firing lots of 2nd barrells we will often be bet off it on the turn.

by raising flop we put him to the test and make a strong move with lots of fold equity.

also we have 2 very strong and hidden draws (gutshot straight + BDFD as well as 3 aces)

its unlikely he will 3bet you here w/o a set/KJ. even w. those he will often call w. plan on checkraising turn where we can take our free card w. another chance to spike our hidden draw to the nuts and stack him if he really does have KK.

GetThere1Time 10-27-2006 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I <3 2 + 2 MSNL.

so i thought i could stick my penis into my ethernet port for some added enjoyment. turns out all i did was hurt myself. goes to show you sticking your penis in things you love isnt always +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

whhhhhaaat lol

aflaba 10-27-2006 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
by calling flop w. plans plan of bluffing if checked to basically he HAS to check to us again on turn for this to work.

if he is firing lots of 2nd barrells we will often be bet off it on the turn.

by raising flop we put him to the test and make a strong move with lots of fold equity.

also we have 2 very strong and hidden draws (gutshot straight + BDFD as well as 3 aces)

its unlikely he will 3bet you here w/o a set/KJ. even w. those he will often call w. plan on checkraising turn where we can take our free card w. another chance to spike our hidden draw to the nuts and stack him if he really does have KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if he is predictable with his c-betting and will progably ch/f all hands worse than Kx then floating is a good option?

But if he is more aggressive and will fire more second barrels then raising the flop will allow us to win many more hands than floating?

HumanACtor 10-27-2006 11:15 AM

4 betting light is the new 3 bet

10-27-2006 11:14 PM

folding to 7 bet with KK is the new bluffcatcher

tagtastic 10-28-2006 01:02 AM

It's hilarious how many MSNL 2+2ers have started pulling this exact move, myself included.

Either that or they were always doing it and I just started noticing.

Rotating Rabbit 10-28-2006 06:17 AM

I'm really confused by this whole thread. I cant see how this isnt standard ?? Do people seriously ever NOT do this ?

poker1O1 10-30-2006 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love the re-steal raise to $335 if I'm UTG

[/ QUOTE ]

i totally agree.

OPs move will prob work like 100% of the time vs your average player. but someone with good hand reading skills will realize that this is air a significant portion of the time... dry board, no rr preflop, he HAS to have a monster or a bluff. the concept behind this is somewhat similar to that old Phil Ivey 5-bet rebluff he ran, albeit this hand is one move deep and UTG would have to be a very good player for it to go that route

[/ QUOTE ]
link?