Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   All 3 Boston teams winning the championship?? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471423)

Clarkmeister 08-08-2007 01:03 AM

Re: All 3 Boston teams winning the championship??

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
e-pipeen,

The votes are in and the outcome is that you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, lay off. He just totally owns.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am stupider now than before I read that thread, to put it mildly and much to my chagrin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he has more money than all of us and couldn't care less what we think. You're just going to have to deal with that.

tuq 08-08-2007 01:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
e-pipeen,

The votes are in and the outcome is that you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, lay off. He just totally owns.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am stupider now than before I read that thread, to put it mildly and much to my chagrin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, he has more money than all of us and couldn't care less what we think. You're just going to have to deal with that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well I'll try but I may get hopelessly addicted to sleeping pills in the process.

Kos13 08-08-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW Sox are 3:1. They are the best team in baseball and their only real competition are the Tigers and maybe the Angels.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be true if each round of the playoffs was a best-of-55 and not a best-of-5/best-of-7. You remember that a pretty average Cardinals team won it all last year, right?

EPiPeN11 08-08-2007 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW Sox are 3:1. They are the best team in baseball and their only real competition are the Tigers and maybe the Angels.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might be true if each round of the playoffs was a best-of-55 and not a best-of-5/best-of-7. You remember that a pretty average Cardinals team won it all last year, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Read my post (3rd to last on the 10th page) and get back to me, thanks.

Karak567 08-08-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
their only real competition are the Tigers and maybe the Angels.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a joke, right?

VarlosZ 08-08-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bodog:

Celtics: 5/1
Pats: 8/5
Sox: 7/2

Some how it's only 28 to 1. I honestly don't think it's possible b/c I don't believe in the Celtics just yet. I don't think they can beat a top 3 WC team in a 7 game series. The other two bets seem probable.

[/ QUOTE ]

28-1 that is sick, i just dont see it happening, ty tho

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 69.2-1, not 28-1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm probably missing something obvious, but is there a quick and easy way to figure that in your head? I had to bust out the calculator and do the percentages for each bet, then multiply and convert back to fractions to check that answer.

SuperUberBob 08-08-2007 01:33 AM

Three? What about the Boston Bruins?

There's just no love for hockey.

duracell 08-08-2007 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

btw, I think the Phillies have closed quite a bit of distance between themselves and the Eagles on the popularity score. Players like Shane Victorino, Michael Bourn, and Chris Coste have really won over alot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is way off topic, I really don't agree with this. The Phillies have probably gained popularity in the past few years, but Philly is without question a football town. There are definitely die-hard Phillies fans, but I think that for the most part, the city has fair-weather baseball fans. On the other hand, Philly has arguably the most passionate fans in the NFL. Hell, training camp gets almost half the attendance that a Phillies game does.

Assani Fisher 08-08-2007 09:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Off topic here... I was looking at the NHL attendance, and it was pretty suprising (thanks ESPN) to find out that the last place Flyers outdrew the Sixers by >4000 per game. Philadelphia was one of just six cities that had more attendance for the NHL team as compared to the NBA team.

Is Philly a hockey town during the winter?

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a joke in Philly that the Flyers sell out every night, but those are the only 20,000 people in Philly that care.

Seriously though, the Flyers have a very good following. Not as popular as teams like the Leafs, but they're the next level. They have a strong core group of hardcore fans. Obviously it helps that they were good to very good for about 12 years in a row.

When both teams (Flyers/Sixers) are good, I would say their popularity is about equal, perhaps the Sixers are a little more popular.

But Philly is a baseball/football town, and the Phillies are more popular than both, and the Eagles are FAR, FAR more popular than the rest of them.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is very true. I know a number of hardcore Flyers fans but all the basketball guys are very fairweather. Also I think Iverson drove alot of people away due to his hip-hop attitude.

btw, I think the Phillies have closed quite a bit of distance between themselves and the Eagles on the popularity score. Players like Shane Victorino, Michael Bourn, and Chris Coste have really won over alot of people.

[/ QUOTE ]

really? I'm sure you know a lot more than I do since you live there, but I always thought AI was loved in Philly.

Triumph36 08-08-2007 09:50 AM

lol as epipen shows he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about with baseball