Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Ultimate Bet Owes Me 20k (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274026)

gila 12-05-2006 10:48 AM

Re: What % would you pay for recovery of these funds ?

...and they need a gd phone number!

berya 12-05-2006 10:51 AM

Re: Ultimate Bet Owes Me 20k

Because of posts like this I have stopped making tranfers on all sites a long long time ago. I also never ever let anybody log in to their account from my computer or my laptop for any reason whatsoever. I don't care what they tell me and how good a friend they are.

Just an example this past weekend a long time friend of mine and a long time live player who pretty much does not use a computer asked me to help him set up his new laptop (download PokerStars and such) using my network (he is not currently connected to the internet). I told him there was no way in hell I was going to even download the software for him using my network. If he waited this long to get a laptop surely he can wait another week or so until he gets connected. Right? right.

My point is stop making all these transfers and don't let anybody log in from your PC and you should be able to reduce the risk of getting your money confiscated greatly.

As far as UB goes I'm not ready to pull my money from them yet... But if more evidence comes out they will have to go just like Prima did like 3 years ago!

Good luck getting your money back.

The Bride 12-05-2006 12:47 PM

I'm not sure if this is at all helpful, but UB is covered by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. It might be worth complaining to them if it doesn't get resolved.

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/

Rick305 12-05-2006 01:51 PM

Re: What % would you pay for recovery of these funds ?

Cashing out my UB money right now.

[censored] them

Crix 12-05-2006 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure if this is at all helpful, but UB is covered by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission. It might be worth complaining to them if it doesn't get resolved.

http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they'll sit around for an hour or so, smoking a peace pipe and won't recall what it was they were supposed to be considering.

good2cu 12-05-2006 04:03 PM

Today my account got reopened and my wiithdraw processed.

I received these emails from UB,

"Dear Andrew Robl ,

Your account was temporarily closed and under investigation due to possible
fraudulent activity. The investigation has recently been completed and your
account has been cleared and re-opened.

Your previous withdrawal of $7942.00 was replaced with W_1000295067 and has
been submitted and will show up in your NETeller account momentarily.

We do apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience during this
verification procedure. Notes have been placed on your account to prevent any
delays in the future.

Sincerely,
Nolan"

And

"Andrew,

I just wanted to follow up with the message that I left on your machine. I
would like to touch base with you in regards to your account status as well as
your pending payout. I sincerely apologize for the delay in communication and
would be more than happy to shine a little light on matters once we are able to
get in touch. Thank you again for your patience on this matter and be advised
that I have expedited your payout. I look forward to talking to you soon and
best of luck!

Tommy
Ultimatebet.com"

I also received a phone call from Tommy of UB when I was asleep. I believe he is calling again later. I'll let you guys know what he says.

Thanks for the support,
Andrew

maniacut 12-05-2006 04:18 PM

Good job. I'm waiting to hear their reasoning for closing the account and taking the funds in the first place.

MicroBob 12-05-2006 04:19 PM

Glad it worked out for you.

Comical and pathetic how UB is acting like it was 'still an investigation' when they previously told you that your account was closed and you wouldn't be getting your money at all.

WTF?!?!

If they're still investigating then that's fine. But freaking SAY SO.

If they closed your account due to fraud and then realized they made a mistake or re-investigated then they should SAY THAT.

They shouldn't tell you that they are keeping all your money.
And then later try to tell you that the account was 'temporarily closed'.

I don't think UB is the only site that does this.
If it's just a routine investigation then they shouldn't be scaring their customers like that.

If it's something where they screwed-up then they shouldn't try to back-track and say, "Oh...well that closing was just temporary."

That's some semantical nit-picking I guess but it's really stupid of them to behave that way.

But I'm glad for the happy ending that our favorite HOLLA BALLA got his money back.

SHIP IT!!!!

WhatDoesCallMean 12-05-2006 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Glad it worked out for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

[Phill] 12-05-2006 04:34 PM

No bob,

You are right on the money - this seems as much a case of "oh [censored], we [censored] up when this guy got banned - lets save face and claim it was an investigation".

From the earlier emails no one got any impression it was anything but a banning.

I cant wait for details - but as much as ive barely played UB before im pretty sure i never will again.