Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes Limit (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   So, we are going to Foxwoods in May (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385177)

DavidC 05-08-2007 11:55 AM

Re: So, we are going to Foxwoods in May

Are you guys room mates?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cheque from UB arrived today so I should be set for foxwoods as it'll clear in like 3-5 business days. UB cheques are given to Canadians in $CDN, so I have no idea what they charged me on that. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Life is good, though. I should be able to go to foxwoods. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Looking forward to meeting you, sir. What dates are you planning on coming, exactly?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he'll be arriving via le Chateau TPK et Babar so hopefully Thursday night through Sunday. Also, I now have Thursday off from work so we could probably come down to your place in time to have dinner, go to Hartford to support my [censored] brotha, and get a little wastey whilst playing HOES.

[/ QUOTE ]

DavidC 05-08-2007 11:58 AM

lol this is going to be [censored] crazy.

I anticipate thinking a lot of "what the [censored] are these guys thinking?" and saying a lot of "Um, sure, sounds cool."

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I respectfully urge everyone who's playing pretty regularly (i.e. bbb) to stay sun/mon, as that's a good way to average out the cost of the trip as long as you run as expected, but whatever, if it's two days, that'll probably be good too, and I can live with that.

DrModern 05-08-2007 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol this is going to be [censored] crazy.

I anticipate thinking a lot of "what the [censored] are these guys thinking?" and saying a lot of "Um, sure, sounds cool."

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I respectfully urge everyone who's playing pretty regularly (i.e. bbb) to stay sun/mon, as that's a good way to average out the cost of the trip as long as you run as expected, but whatever, if it's two days, that'll probably be good too, and I can live with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given how Babar runs, that means he'll running at -5bb/100.

Anyway, David, post a pic!

bravos1 05-08-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Anyway, David, post a pic!

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't pass up this one... too easy [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/777/trolljo6.jpg

J/K of course!

Diana Ross Fan 05-08-2007 04:51 PM

This makes no sense at all. Is this a group trip in which a lot of people are staying at one place?

Or is this an informal agreement to be at Woods on that weekend?

It would be nice to know, being 90 min away, I don't really need a hotel room in the second case. I will gladly join in for the first.

-DRF

BigBadBabar 05-08-2007 04:54 PM

drf, am calling you now, stay calm

BigBadBabar 05-08-2007 04:59 PM

ok you're not there. it's a group trip; i have everyone lined up and just need to reserve a place, which is being complicated by foxwoods not having places, and i don't know a ton of cheap places with 2 beds + futon/couch or rollaway so we can sleep 6, since not everyone wants to double up in beds. any recommendation are fine.

Man of Means 05-08-2007 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and i don't know a ton of cheap places with 2 beds + futon/couch or rollaway so we can sleep 6, since not everyone wants to double up in beds. any recommendation are fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can bring up a 1-man air mattress and sleeping bag and maybe some other people can bring those too, esp. if they are the people who don't want to share beds. I think our best bet is some cheap motel 6 / days inn in Mystic like last time.

BigBadBabar 05-08-2007 11:48 PM

okay the reason foxwoods hotels are all booked up, i just found out, is that david copperfield is performing that weekend. ship it. i'm calling places as i type, right now, at 11:47 pm, EST, this night the 8th of May in the year of our Lord 2007, and basically am about to get er done.

DavidC 05-09-2007 02:33 AM

I'll be camping the day prior to going to foxwoods (adirondak park y0) so I'll have all that stuff.

While I was a little surprised about the whole doubling up thing, I'd be cool with it, except that I move around a lot in my sleep and don't want to punch anyone in the head accidentally.