Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448513)

eurythmech 08-06-2007 11:03 AM

Re: Help with Analysis, does this mean i suck or have just hit a bad r

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I even load hands to the software to begin with?

I have a few hand history files, now what?

edit: nevermind, need PT installed. noticed, thx

mikesh 08-06-2007 04:35 PM

This looks like a really cool program. Can't wait until it works with PokerOffice. Add me to the list of people who would definitely consider paying for something like this.

Quick question: I skimmed the topic and I'm not sure if this works with tournaments yet? Sorry if I missed it.

steel108 08-08-2007 06:36 PM

Could somebody translate this for me? I have no clue how to use this software, but it seems useful.

http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9859/luckoj0.png
Shot at 2007-08-09

BigSoonerFan 08-08-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could somebody translate this for me? I have no clue how to use this software, but it seems useful.

Shot at 2007-08-09

[/ QUOTE ]

The top two lines display your showdown earnings vs what you should have won (Sklansky bucks via EV). You're down 1300, but should be down 900.

Silent A 08-09-2007 05:24 AM

Could someone explain to me why I can't load hands?

The program automatically detects my PTO database (which has 200K+ hands in it) but no matter what options I choose, when I click "Load Hands" it does nothing (well, the button blinks).

Also, it says "No Players Found" in the Players box.

This is especially infuriating because I was able to get an earlier beta version to run on my old computer.

Phil153 08-09-2007 06:05 AM

Re: Sklansky Bucks Calculator: PokerEV

0.79 times out tomorrow or the day after depending on where you live. The latest version 0.8 is available for download, with a 5 week extension (Sept. 15th).

The next version with database backend is a major improvement with a several new features, so the current version will probably stay free, although I won't be providing support beyond fixing bugs.

Phil153 08-09-2007 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone explain to me why I can't load hands?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you use posgresql, it's possible that your firewall is silently blocking the program from accessing the postgresql socket. It's also possible the timeout has kicked in on your computer.

Maybe try the latest version and let me know if you still have problems.

Silent A 08-09-2007 09:27 PM

When is the new version up? It's still saying 0.79 at the download site.

I don't use postgresql, but is there any chance my firewall is blocking the socket anyway? Is there any way I can check?

And just so that we're clear, my database is large, but it won't even load the 1000 hands I played yesterday. It won't load even 1 hand. It also doesn't show the right name for my PLO database (it's stuck on the default "My first ...").

Silent A 08-09-2007 09:39 PM

I noticed the download site now says v0.80, but when I download it, install, and run, it still says it's v0.79.

And I still have the exact same problem.

XxGeneralxX 08-09-2007 09:46 PM

regarding the summary box in the graph, If your actual winning are greater then your equity adjusted winnings does that mean you "run good"?