Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Full Ring (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=539192)

Vedast 11-06-2007 08:37 PM

Re: ** New & Improved ** Pokerstars Regulars Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on blunty31 at NL200 on Stars? Plays a lot of hands and probably winning at like 6+ ptbb/100.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

TheProdigy 11-06-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on:

Marccus85
Fumbo420
Kelistaan(this guy is always discussed)
lifegoeson
Tru_Dat
The_Minion

Those are ones that I see at the tables constantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're all blah and Fumbo is mega bizarre. I refer to these players as a whole as "oddity nits" cause thats the only general way to describe them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused at why you think you're a poker god.

[/ QUOTE ]

he may not be a poker god but he may be the best 2/4 fr player

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. He is damn good is why he thinks he is a poker God. GM and Renton are also allowed to think they are poker Gods as well.

SomeoneElse 11-06-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody know what happened to

Dufman79
LaPoCaFlame
Pandochat

I used to play with them a bunch but haven't seen them around a whole lot lately. Did they move up or go busto?

[/ QUOTE ]

Saw LaPoCaFlame at 100NL earlier today.

The Eureka Kid 11-06-2007 09:20 PM

I've been planning a little 200NL lately and been running into the following players...

SobraoBoy
vjpconst1
treysfull21
Alphafoil
the_main
ryanmack91

Anyone got any thoughts on these players?

too eazy 11-06-2007 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on:

Marccus85
Fumbo420
lifegoeson
Tru_Dat
The_Minion

[/ QUOTE ]

They're all blah and Fumbo is mega bizarre. I refer to these players as a whole as "oddity nits" cause thats the only general way to describe them.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm a poker God so much as I think that everyone else overrates themselves and the people they play with. Basically the majority of regulars in any given level are bad up through 5/10 in my opinion. By bad I do not mean losing player, but marginal winner or worse.

To rephrase, I don't think I'm that good, I just think poker is easy because everyone else is bad. People simply don't practice poker as much as they do chess, baseball etc. and thus it's easy to be far ahead in the learning curve in this game, or far behind. Also there are plenty of regulars on extended heaters who play short bi rules and are susceptible to tilt meltdowns etc. (Which makes it easier for the bad nits to prosper)

too eazy 11-06-2007 09:30 PM

and by prosper i mean win 1-2ptbb long term.

BBQSquirrel 11-06-2007 09:42 PM

xaponet is tight-passive and runs 10/4. Just don't give him much action
Pipedream runs 7/5 in my databse. He won't donate to you but won't harm you either.
tesorillo is very passive (12/2). I once fold KK PF against his raise and sure enough he showed down AA

What do you think about these NL100 players

JP917
Tixmaster
NADA112
UPay4college
freepokerhand
virulin
im8yearsold
Alpha 5.20
McFiddish
Prairie Hawk
BBQsquirrel (me)

1p0kerboy 11-06-2007 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on:

Marccus85
Fumbo420
lifegoeson
Tru_Dat
The_Minion

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I'm a poker God so much as I think that everyone else overrates themselves and the people they play with. Basically the majority of regulars in any given level are bad up through 5/10 in my opinion. By bad I do not mean losing player, but marginal winner or worse.

To rephrase, I don't think I'm that good, I just think poker is easy because everyone else is bad. People simply don't practice poker as much as they do chess, baseball etc. and thus it's easy to be far ahead in the learning curve in this game, or far behind. Also there are plenty of regulars on extended heaters who play short bi rules and are susceptible to tilt meltdowns etc. (Which makes it easier for the bad nits to prosper)

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh.

I think we're comparing a players' skills to the competition he plays against and nothing more.

We do this so that we can have a better feel for what the player is trying to do and so we can table select better.

Of course there's hardly any great players playing small/micro stakes.

Comparing players in a vacuum wouldn't really be helpful anyways.

too eazy 11-06-2007 09:46 PM

yeah, you're probably correct 1p.

PrimogenitoX 11-06-2007 09:52 PM

Kelisitaan is ridiculously bad. Does he actually beat these games? If so, WTF? Also, what do you think of PrimogenitoX? I play FR 600NL-2000NL when I am running bad at 6max or when I am stressed out and feel like chilling in a stress free 3bet/4bet free environment!