Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's your favourite Bob Dylan track? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=451904)

whiskeytown 07-18-2007 09:29 PM

Re: What\'s your favourite Bob Dylan track?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Visions of Johanna - Live 1966

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the one on Biograph it's far superior to the original on Blonde on Blonde.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno - it's from his Live 1966 concert - it's solo acoustic, which I think reams the recorded versions -

RB

amplify 07-18-2007 09:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's the one on Biograph it's far superior to the original on Blonde on Blonde.

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno - it's from his Live 1966 concert - it's solo acoustic, which I think reams the recorded versions -

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, the Live 1966 track is the one on Biograph. It's haunting.

07-18-2007 09:34 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

bellytimber 07-19-2007 01:26 PM

Chiming in to say that when Rolling Stone put out its list of 500 greatest songs, that Bob had twelve of them (second most behind the Beatles I think?). Anyway, we just listed about 100 songs in this thread and we didn't even mention four of those twelve, Just Like A Woman (#230), Knocking on Heaven's Door (#190), The Times They Are A Changin (#59), and Blowin in the Wind (#14). I'm not saying this to chide our list, my point is how amazing is Dylan's career that we list a hundred of our favorite songs and we don't even get around to four of them that Rolling Stone said were four of the top 250 songs of all-time?

zasterguava 07-19-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Chiming in to say that when Rolling Stone put out its list of 500 greatest songs, that Bob had twelve of them (second most behind the Beatles I think?). Anyway, we just listed about 100 songs in this thread and we didn't even mention four of those twelve, Just Like A Woman (#230), Knocking on Heaven's Door (#190), The Times They Are A Changin (#59), and Blowin in the Wind (#14). I'm not saying this to chide our list, my point is how amazing is Dylan's career that we list a hundred of our favorite songs and we don't even get around to four of them that Rolling Stone said were four of the top 250 songs of all-time?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually downloaded those 500 songs conveniently packaged together. Its a pretty lame list really as evident from Blowin in the Wind being in there. It's in there because it was a song that propelled him into stardom; not becuase it is anyone near his best. In general lists like that suck.

TheDudeAbides 07-19-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - best version of the song imo. Sadly - I saw him in concert a couple of years ago and he broke out a Visions. It was a wreck. Cool to hear live, but he sounded horrible.

zasterguava 07-19-2007 07:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah - best version of the song imo. Sadly - I saw him in concert a couple of years ago and he broke out a Visions. It was a wreck. Cool to hear live, but he sounded horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

He should just stop touring or at least drop the rock backing group and attempt acoustic. His new album is awesome so its not just his voice its the way/style he sings them and the bands loud rocky style doesnt work. When I saw him at a arena we had the best front row seats but the damn base player was covering him and he was facing only half the audience.

At the end though Bob looked at me!!!ZOmG! I thought he was going to hand me his harmonica because he held it up whilst looking at me, but no luck.

t.conley 07-20-2007 10:33 AM

Ill tell it and think it and speak it and breathe it
and reflect from the mountains so all souls can see it
and ill stand on the ocean until i start singing
and ill know my song well before i start singin'

and Desolation Row is a close second

wheelflush 07-21-2007 09:17 AM

first one that comes to mind

changing of the guards. it's epic and personal at the same time. it could be about poker. [ QUOTE ]
i've moved your mountains and marked your cards.
get ready for elimination or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards.
cruel death surrenders with its pale ghost retreating between the King and the Queen of Swords.

[/ QUOTE ]
i need to mention blind willie mctell and angelina as well.

Idiotex 07-21-2007 09:30 AM

Rainy Day Woman, Like a Rolling Stone, Positively 4th Street, Things Have Changed...

Couldn't pick a winner.