Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Films you like with very low Rotten Tomato ratings (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=399730)

dibbs 05-15-2007 12:59 AM

Re: Films you like with very low Rotten Tomato ratings

I can't beleive Bandidas got as high as a 60%. Dead Man on campus is my lowest at 18 probably.

dibbs 05-15-2007 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I loved Boondock Saints and I'm pretty snobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a cliche boring action movie. After the first like 4k of those in my life (i am 29) they started to get old. Perhaps that's why the "younger generation" likes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought the [censored] up thing about this movie is it's basically two religious freaks taking the law into their own hands under the name of God, while trying to be stopped by a creepy ass homosexual cop. The fact this is revered by my peers has always been a little unsettling.

x2ski 05-15-2007 01:16 AM

Getting In

The Stoned Age

Empire Records

Ski School

Event Horizon

P.C.U.

Judgement Night

16 Blocks

catalyst 05-15-2007 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, gone in 60 seconds got 25?!? thats one of my favourite movies [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually reminded me to check that whole nick cage/travolta genre of movies

face off [92%]
conair [50%]
the rock [63%]
broken arrow [59%]
snake eyes [34%]

I enjoyed all of these except Snake Eyes, I'm surprised Face Off did so well with the critics

JuntMonkey 05-15-2007 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, gone in 60 seconds got 25?!? thats one of my favourite movies [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

this actually reminded me to check that whole nick cage/travolta genre of movies

face off [92%]
conair [50%]
the rock [63%]
broken arrow [59%]
snake eyes [34%]

I enjoyed all of these except Snake Eyes, I'm surprised Face Off did so well with the critics

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here, I used to argue with a friend at the time that Con-Air was better than Face/Off. I guess I lose. :'(

nath 05-15-2007 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I loved Boondock Saints and I'm pretty snobby.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a cliche boring action movie. After the first like 4k of those in my life (i am 29) they started to get old. Perhaps that's why the "younger generation" likes it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I always thought the [censored] up thing about this movie is it's basically two religious freaks taking the law into their own hands under the name of God, while trying to be stopped by a creepy ass homosexual cop. The fact this is revered by my peers has always been a little unsettling.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is exactly how I feel.

DeezNuts 05-15-2007 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Empire Records

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG 7%? It's not a great movie by any stretch, but I found it entertaining.

iggymcfly 05-15-2007 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Empire Records

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG 7%? It's not a great movie by any stretch, but I found it entertaining.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF! That's a classic. I would have expected it to be in the 70%-80% range.

otnemem 05-15-2007 08:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that Dirty Work and Night at the Roxbury are so low. Those are two of my favorite movies ever and even if they're on TNT or something with commercials and the swearing edited out, I'll usually stop and watch for a little bit. I guess I can at least understand someone not liking NATR, but if you don't like Dirty Work, you have no sense of humor whatsoever.

As far as something dramatic that I really liked, they have The Butterfly Effect at 33% and I always thought that was terrific. To be fair though, the director's cut did make a little more sense than the theatrical cut.

Armageddon and Lord of War were pretty bad though. I actually think both of those should be much lower.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have terrible taste in movies.

otnemem 05-15-2007 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Boondock Saints 20%

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I bet 90% of people I know enjoyed this movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I'm 24 years old, and I'd be shocked if you weren't close to that. Our generation likes it a ton; Older people don't like it much....at least from what I've observed.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm 25, and I thought this movie was awful, as did most of my close friends.