Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Am I blind or is there really no Kobe to Dallas thread??? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524584)

BigSoonerFan 10-17-2007 10:29 PM

Re: Am I blind or is there really no Kobe to Dallas thread???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BigSoonerFan,

Please don't be in the room if this decision could somehow be made. I for one would like the greatest basketball player on the planet to be playing for Dallas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw that. Kobe and Shaq were the two greatest players in the league and Kobe ran him off. There isn't a player in the game who I honestly believes like playing for Kobe. He thinks he's Mike, but he isn't. The team will self-destruct if he joins.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just like those awful Shaq-Kobe Laker teams that were never able to get over that championship hump. Good point, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point is that if he was able to destroy such a successful team who knows how long he would play for a mediocre one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Slightly better than mediocre, but certainly not Shaq.

Assani Fisher 10-17-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't think tyrus will ever be a superstar. People overrate his potential super stardom BY A LOT!

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, but I'm willing to listen to your argument.

Maybe "superstar" isn't the right word since great defensive players are usually a bit underrated by the general public, but I see no reason why he can't be a premier defensive PF while putting up a double double each night.

Assani Fisher 10-17-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rumour has it the Raptors are going to offer Nesterovic, Kris Humphries, Jose Calderon and Kapono for Kobe. I don't really like the trade because Kobe is the most selfish person alive I heard he announced negative infinity to this question
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Also whenever I'm in Toronto I see the other guys helping old ladies cross the street, saving kittens from trees, performing citizens arrests on criminals etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like that trade, you are not a Raptors fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was being sarcastic if you couldn't tell from the bit about helping old ladies and kittens.

I don't believe the people who say they'd stop following the Wizards if they traded Arenas for Kobe. The Wizards probably haven't been past the second round since most of you guys started following them. If they were competing for a championship, I suspect you guys would forget that you ever hated Kobe and you'd be right there cheering for them. You might get upset for a few weeks, but when they start winning you'll be back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like we go through this every time the Wizards get mentioned on this board but.....

The Wizards are currently a title contender! Last year they were the #2 seed in the East in January. The #1 seed was Detroit and they were on a roll, as they had just picked up Webber. They went on a long winning streak only losing two games: Both to the 2nd seeded Wizards.

Then Caron and Gilbert got hurt and things fell apart. But when healthy, they're legit.

Assani Fisher 10-17-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BigSoonerFan,

Please don't be in the room if this decision could somehow be made. I for one would like the greatest basketball player on the planet to be playing for Dallas.

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw that. Kobe and Shaq were the two greatest players in the league and Kobe ran him off. There isn't a player in the game who I honestly believes like playing for Kobe. He thinks he's Mike, but he isn't. The team will self-destruct if he joins.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Assani Fisher 10-17-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rumour has it the Raptors are going to offer Nesterovic, Kris Humphries, Jose Calderon and Kapono for Kobe. I don't really like the trade because Kobe is the most selfish person alive I heard he announced negative infinity to this question
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Also whenever I'm in Toronto I see the other guys helping old ladies cross the street, saving kittens from trees, performing citizens arrests on criminals etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL sweet. Let's give up 4 bench players for the best player in the world!

Whoever made up that rumour is on crack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually think thats a really good offer. Juan Dixon apparently was the Raptor that the Lakers wanted thrown in, but the Raptors were unwilling to part with him and the deal stalled.

Kos13 10-17-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BigSoonerFan,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, just like those awful Shaq-Kobe Laker teams that were never able to get over that championship hump. Good point, sir.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think his point is that if he was able to destroy such a successful team who knows how long he would play for a mediocre one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Slightly better than mediocre, but certainly not Shaq.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 67-15 Mavs team is "slightly better than mediocre," huh?

Vyse 10-18-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

The Wizards are currently a title contender!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I was as optimisticly foolish as you.

ZBTHorton 10-18-2007 12:51 AM

FWIW.

On ESPN1033 today, Marc Stein said that the Mavs are Kobe's #1 choice, and keeping in mind his no trade clause, this actually means something.

If you go on www.espn1033.com and listen to the Randy Gallaway podcast, you can hear the interview.

owsley 10-18-2007 01:10 AM

please, for the love of god, make this once in a lifeteam deal happen, I will give up meat and chocolate for the next 5 years, will someone make this deal happen. What was the last pair this great? What are the prospects of a better one anytime soon? Add in Avery + Cuban and the rest of the mavs and the pressure on them, and that will just mean great playoff basketball. Add the KG to boston deal and there is just so much to watch for. This would be the sweetest present ever.

Vyse 10-18-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What was the last pair this great?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kobe and Shaq?