Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Want 5 figure swings in ur homegame? Click 2 learn more (sick game) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448182)

vhawk01 07-11-2007 07:25 PM

Re: Want 5 figure swings in ur homegame? Click 2 learn more (sick game

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the next hand, the pot is $400. Hero decides to give it a go with A9s, and another player comes in and plays with 77. The puppet has K3o.

The board runs 73329 and the guy with 77 wins $400, and hero with A9s must put $400 into the pot. the next hand, the pot is $400.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what makes the game have huge pots very frequently, btw, the fact that everyone must beat puppet for game to end

[/ QUOTE ] what happens if you go busto? 1st born?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing that always happens when you go busto. Handjobs.

NoPoHustler 07-11-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the next hand, the pot is $400. Hero decides to give it a go with A9s, and another player comes in and plays with 77. The puppet has K3o.

The board runs 73329 and the guy with 77 wins $400, and hero with A9s must put $400 into the pot. the next hand, the pot is $400.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what makes the game have huge pots very frequently, btw, the fact that everyone must beat puppet for game to end

[/ QUOTE ] what happens if you go busto? 1st born?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing that always happens when you go busto. Handjobs.

[/ QUOTE ]
I asked you not to tell [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sh58 07-11-2007 08:09 PM

the puppet is a better player than most party poker donkeys from what i've heard

vhawk01 07-11-2007 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the puppet is a better player than most party poker donkeys from what i've heard

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, puppet runs at like 3 ptbb/100, but its a small sample size and he is probably just running hot.

time4adrank 07-11-2007 10:50 PM

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...eadasplode.gif

Georgia Avenue 09-04-2007 11:08 AM

Played this last night with vhawk, kipin and my friend pierce.
10cent ante.
I think I won the biggest pot, like 150 bucks calling the puppet with J9cc since I knew the other pussies were folding.

To reduce variance, we capped the pot to be matched at 50$ and the pussy rule penalty was set at max 5$. We are total girls imo and I'm ashamed of myself.

The puppet is so freaking good at poker. The best bit was three of us calling in like a 30$ pot, me with AQ, hitting top two pair, but when the turn three flushed I start yelling NO SPADE NO SPADE even tho neither other human had a fd.

River spade.
We peel the puppets hand:
23ss

gg puppet

Grade: D- never will play again very bad game FU OP

apefish 09-04-2007 12:11 PM

Pot burn games are sick.
In high school on golf trips we played either 44, or 5 card draw corn pot burn. 44- four cards, fours are wild, declare in or out in rotation from the left of dealer, one draw, single stayer has to beat a pat dummy hand.
5 card draw corn- 2s,3s, one eyed jacks wild, same concept. Combined limit poker pot building with sick pot limit burns. From dime or quarter antes you could count on regular pots over $50.

Puppet is far sicker.

I will instead head to my golf league and regular Tuesday night $5 ante, $20 burn game, which I've played in some form for ten years now.
Pots only reach a couple hundred at times and it's hard to get stuck too much in a night. couple hundo maybe if you don't draw well all night and mandatory aces come up more than they should.

Swongs, they're one thing.

Will The Thrill 09-06-2007 11:30 PM

we play a similar game called bitch, 3 card draw poker, usually 2's and OEJ are wild, and you'd be suprised how many times the "I'm just gonna play aces" turns up 3 kings pre draw and you still get cracked. We're poor middle class working folk, so even a $5 match with 7 people playing can effect your rent payment

Leviathan101 09-07-2007 04:24 AM

holy [censored] this game rules. Sadly I think i'd go busto for sure if I play it. I cant win at high card, what makes me think I could beat a random hand?

bottomset 09-07-2007 04:40 AM

at first I thought this game sounded awesome, but as I read the thread I started feeling really nitty, because this seems like the sickest variance game possible