Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=519020)

johnnybeef 10-22-2007 12:44 AM

Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

We feel your pain. Hopefully next season you fare better than we did after our Game 7 loss.

- New York Metropolitans

P.S. Mr. Betancourt should meet Aaron Heilman.

[/ QUOTE ]

1986? No...you don't. We are miserable in cleveland. I am really really depressed right now. I mean, is it too much to ask for one god damn championship in my first 30 years on this planet??????

Kneel B4 Zod 10-22-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

We feel your pain. Hopefully next season you fare better than we did after our Game 7 loss.

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

1986? No...you don't. We are miserable in cleveland. I am really really depressed right now. I mean, is it too much to ask for one god damn championship in my first 30 years on this planet??????

[/ QUOTE ]

Indians are a great team who project awesome for the next few years. they'll be back

ADLinden 10-22-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no one feels our sports pain

Victor 10-22-2007 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indians are a great team who project awesome for the next few years. they'll be back

[/ QUOTE ]

cept they cant afford to bring cc back and wont be able to fill the huge holes at 3rd and lf and rf. the sox reload. teams like the tribe wait for that lucky season where young and veteran players mesh and max out their collective ability. and if they miss, there is no next year.

sublime 10-22-2007 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

cept they cant afford to bring cc back and wont be able to fill the huge holes at 3rd and lf and rf. the sox reload. teams like the tribe wait for that lucky season where young and veteran players mesh and max out their collective ability. and if they miss, there is no next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude they are loaded, chill.

sublime 10-22-2007 01:28 AM

great C, check
great SS, check
great CF, check
great SS, check
solid 2B, check
front line starter check x2 at least for one year

stacked

Jurollo 10-22-2007 01:29 AM

Game 7 was a [censored] awesome environment to watch a game. I can't wait for the WS parade.

benza13 10-22-2007 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll just point out one flaw, 3b Andy Marte.

Victor 10-22-2007 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
great C, check
great SS, check
great CF, check
great SS, check
solid 2B, check
front line starter check x2 at least for one year

stacked

[/ QUOTE ]

"great SS, check"

ugh, peralta is average overall. poor fielder. decent hitter for power, but strikes out too much. admittedly did much better this year than the last 2. will he regress to the mean.

"front line starter check x2 at least for one year"

cc is gonzo. sox better hope he doesnt go to ny.

also, they proly lose some bullpen arms.

forget it, yall cant understand a small market team.

thats all im gonna say about it. in the end im happy they did well and enjoyed watching them.

sublime 10-22-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ugh, peralta is average overall.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, no hes not. hes a GOOD fielder, young and can hit.

you can cry woe is me, but your team is stacked.

Victor 10-22-2007 02:04 AM

its not really woe is me.

ive watched this team for 3 yrs. kinda surprised peralta gets so much national love bc we (local fans) always kinda thought he was underachieving.

he had a great postseason so i think hes being overrated but, well, look at his numbers over the last few yrs. sure, mebbe he "turned the corner" and i think he is capable and wouldnt want to give up on him.

fielding is too subjective but we think he is easily below average for his position. i watched 75% of the games this year and i would take most mlb ss ove him in terms of fielding. his bat makes up for it but not enough to put him in the upper echelon.

imo.

Kos13 10-22-2007 02:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For all the complaining that Sawx fans were doing up until three years ago, it's pretty easy to forget that they're about to win their fifth and sixth championships of the decade. I'm not a "Cleveland" fan, just a guy who grew up with a Cleveland family that turned me on to the Indians from birth, but Boston fans have it made, as the last five years have been a non-stop party for you guys. Mets fans don't have it that bad either.

I can pretty much guarantee that I'm the most sports-cursed person on the planet after this loss (yes, even worse than "Cleveland" fans who root for the Indians, Cavs, and Browns).

stakman1011 10-22-2007 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, my name is Tyler. I cheer for the sports franchises from the city of Philadelphia.

anatta 10-22-2007 02:44 AM

So nobody missed me and nobody cares that I stayed out of this thread because I felt a posting jinx when Sox were down 3-1. Fine, be that way.

But its hard not to post here, I didn't realize I was so addicted. But that's okay, attachments aren't "mine", if they were truly mine, they would obey my will and not be oppressive. So I cling not to the arising of attachments, nor to the thoughts of liberation from the same.

But dang it was hard when JD DREW hit that dinger. Like the dude said, "Where's your God now JD Drew haters!"

Cleveland. Remember, after all, the first Noble Truth is suffering. Sports championships are not the path leading to the cessation of suffering, but rather a hindrance. You are better off learning suffering and patience. Painful sensations and shrunken states of mind will pass.

sethypooh21 10-22-2007 02:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Game 7 was a [censored] awesome environment to watch a game. I can't wait for the WS parade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cue "Let's not start sucking each others' dicks just yet"

ADLinden 10-22-2007 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Indians -

- New York Metropolitans

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi, my name is Tyler. I cheer for the sports franchises from the city of Philadelphia.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, no.........

ADLinden 10-22-2007 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Cleveland. Remember, after all, the first Noble Truth is suffering. Sports championships are not the path leading to the cessation of suffering, but rather a hindrance. You are better off learning suffering and patience. Painful sensations and shrunken states of mind will pass.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but you guys act like you used to suffer forever, please, you guys don't know suffering from sports....

kidcolin 10-22-2007 03:14 AM

ooh.. suffering debates.. these are interesting and fun. and lol @ brushing off philly.

ADLinden 10-22-2007 03:21 AM

well phillys last championship was 1983, compare that to 1964 for cleveland, and that barely gets acknowledged because it wasnt the famed 'super bowl' yet

anatta 10-22-2007 03:25 AM

Knowing suffering is a good thing, take the wisdom gained from sports suffering and apply it to every moment that arises. See that every moment arises and falls, there is no safe abode for your mind, everything you gain will fade away, old age, sickness and death await. All is impermanent, unsatisfying, and anatta.

But there is a solution. Letting go is the key. Your life is short, time is of the essence, spend your life learning to let go. Compassion and love will flow from the peace you obtain from letting go of everything. I am a jokerster and not extremely smart, but I am not joking here and quite wise in these matters, Dharma Magazine's 4-time Yogin of the Year (96-98, 04) sorry, couldn't resist. Good luck.

ADLinden 10-22-2007 03:28 AM

w/e u just said made my mind exsplode

THEOSU 10-22-2007 08:53 AM

kidcolin,

the reason we brush off philly fan in this debate is that philly fan brings it on himself.

remember when they were a small market team before citizens bank park opened? seriously? PHILADELPHIA was a small market team? and got money from revenue sharing?

also, yeah. boston fan has had something going for it for a while now. cleveland fan, not so much.

oh well, putting my hope and faith in the buckeyes for another year. (for the record, despite what my screen name is, i would rather the indians or browns win than OSU, by a factor of about a thousand. the cavs, not so much, but i'll take what i can get.)

kyro 10-22-2007 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
also, yeah. boston fan has had something going for it for a while now. cleveland fan, not so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone is arguing against this. I feel very, very lucky to be a Boston sports fan.

kidcolin 10-22-2007 10:58 AM

anatta is by far the most entertaining poster in SE.

prohornblower 10-22-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't wait for the WS parade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure you tickle the balls while you're down there

sethypooh21 10-22-2007 02:04 PM

Some good stuff on the globe website:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/G...47983_6979.jpg

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/T...58582_5064.jpg

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/G...46730_2305.jpg