Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=497718)

HerbieGRD 09-18-2007 10:18 AM

Re: POG Championship - POG Mayor Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
i dont understand why you are making this so difficult dmk

[/ QUOTE ]
I do! I do!

metsandfinsfan 09-18-2007 10:20 AM

herbie who do you think i want to be in the final 2 against? just curious

Bulletproof Monk 09-18-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if you are limiting to 4 instead of 5, i may be tempted to switch to whoever the minority leader is

[/ QUOTE ]

so then you would be taking your chances that bravos shows up and votes ... otherwise at best it would be a tie ... and then val probably kills eskimo and you're in bad shape

do what you gotta do ... but eskimo hasnt even said he wanted to join yet

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf? i said from the start i wanted in based on a condition of good faith and after bravos had spoken. this is unreasonable imo.

then again obviously i would say that now that it looks like my head is on the chopping block tonight, but still....

HerbieGRD 09-18-2007 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
herbie who do you think i want to be in the final 2 against? just curious

[/ QUOTE ]
Want to be? probably eskimo, roundtower, or bravos. Plan to be? Probably DMK or Zurvan depending on how things shake out.

dmk 09-18-2007 10:22 AM

eskimo, thats how i interpreted it as well. i thought you were basically in, but then you were forced out. thats why i'm uneasy

Bulletproof Monk 09-18-2007 10:22 AM

btw if i am to go out tonight, i will base my final 2 vote on the final days play... imo noone in the alliance really deserves it above any other

HerbieGRD 09-18-2007 10:24 AM

Vote Zurvan

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Zurvan 09-18-2007 10:26 AM

Here's the thing: 4 person alliance > 5 person alliance, for a number of reasons stated before.

BUT, I'm still going to stand by MY word, regardless of mets position: if you vote for me today, you don't go home. If 3 other people vote me, we have a 4 person alliance. If 4 other people vote for me, we have a 5 person alliance. If 5 other people vote for me, being last is bad.

I don't trust monk to be mayor today, but I do trust him to keep his word if he gives it. I consider him voting me to be him giving his word that he will stay loyal to a 5 person alliance. Same as I consider mets, RT & dmk's votes their word that they would stay loyal to the alliance. If bravos votes me before Monk does, that's where my loyalty will go.

Actions mean more than words, and that goes double in this game.

metsandfinsfan 09-18-2007 10:26 AM

if you were committed why would you need to talk to bravos?
You were still weighing all your options which is fine i guess ... but then roundtower and dmk joined and that was that as far as i saw it

now if dmk is not committed to 4, well then we have some thinking to do eskimo

Zurvan 09-18-2007 10:27 AM

I thought it went without saying, but apparently it doesn't: anybody that comes after me, can't try and backtrack later. Herbie.