Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hacker Attack (All Info Game Thread - Feb 19 Start) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=335253)

dmk 02-21-2007 02:32 PM

Re: Hacker Attack (All Info Game Thread - Feb 19 Start)

[ QUOTE ]
People trying to get their peeks lynched, unless they peeked the person as a wolf and they believe the person really is a wolf, is extremely bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice crosspost. i was essentially saying the same thing above.

soah 02-21-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do i think stephen is wolfy? not really, but managing to dodge 2 lynches isn't helping him either.

do i think we should lynch him? yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

dmk 02-21-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
do i think stephen is wolfy? not really, but managing to dodge 2 lynches isn't helping him either.

do i think we should lynch him? yes. if not, it should be chuckles.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
we should still be lynching people we think are wolves

[/ QUOTE ]
???? and your alternative is a silenced guy????

[/ QUOTE ]

we're not allowed to lynch mute wolves?

i really don't care if he's silenced. he's hella-wolfy.

honestly, right now i'm figuring he silences himself to force a stephen lynch today and hope we forget about him by tomorrow. if he's not silenced today, he could easily be the target instead of stephen.

wolves want mislynches. this could be an easy way of getting another one.

in fact,

chuckles

fnord_too 02-21-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a strong suspicion that revealing peeks is good by a fair margin for the village, but I don't think that others not realizing this are wolves because they don't see what I think is obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]
FWIW I really don't want to hijack the thread like what happened yesterday but I know you would be right if the wolves couldn't modify peeks. My worry with everyone posting their peeks is that the wolves would have too great an ability to manipulate the information by changing peeks of a real seer to make them seem useless.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is my understanding that they have to guess a target for a specific person in advance. This will have minimal impact on information if people are randomizing their peeks in any manner. Moreover, the strategy behind not posting your peeks immediately after the fact is predicated on determining what type of seer you are then coming out with useful information if you have it in the future. If the wolves get lucky enough to hit a seer or paranoid seer, they may never come out with their peeks becuase they think they are random or some other type of no information seer. So that argument does not really work.

dmk 02-21-2007 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

do i think we should lynch him? yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

awoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm confused. are you giving yourself up?

antidan444 02-21-2007 02:37 PM

I don't see a Voj vote for Stephen. When I questioned him about his seer peeks, I bolded stephen in the quoted part, and then he requoted what I quoted later. He never actually voted stephen however, as far as I can tell.

antidan444 02-21-2007 02:38 PM

I guess I'll get off Fnord ...

Voj

Stephen H 02-21-2007 02:43 PM

I'm partway through my read and so far kbar and amplify are coming up on my wolfdar.
Let's start with kbar as I'm a lot more comfortable with that read.

soah 02-21-2007 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm partway through my read and so far kbar and amplify are coming up on my wolfdar.
Let's start with kbar as I'm a lot more comfortable with that read.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoa wtf

Voj 02-21-2007 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Durron: Voj also voted for me; it's buried in his long post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't ; just said you were > Neil for the moment..
You shall either read my posts, either stop being paranoid, either both.

Btw, Dan, I didn't remind everybody my n1 peek YOU F***IN DID.
Since this justy seems blattant manipulation for me, and since I was convinced by this thread that is not valuable to lynch our early peeks early I'll vote for who I think is a wolf.

vote antidan

I however may or may not switch to Stephen later..