Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Election! - The Game Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=307361)

metsandfinsfan 01-18-2007 05:41 PM

Re: Election! - The Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Sigh, everyone who is saying "they will butcher the vote" is just not thinking things through.

We have an excelent chance to get several confirmeds into office with several confirmeds for legacy passing later. That is huge.

One thing we should do, is get more people day 3,4 eligable. Lock up tonights council and no one else gets more than one vote so if they do turn up confirmed before night 4 we can get them in.

Oh, and electing a wolf, even if you kill them later IS bad. It reduces the pool of elligable candidates, and that is not good.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you fnord. The fact that Traz and Shorty dont realize this means 1 of 2 things
1 - their ego is clouding their brain
2 - they are wolves

It's probably choice 1

wdcbooks 01-18-2007 05:41 PM

DMK, I am with you. I am dead certain that one of them is a wolf. Major bonus points to anyone willing to pull the trigger.

I see that the assassin can only kill from the electorate. Obviously killing Fnord or I would be bad. Scratch that part.

shortline99 01-18-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, can the assassin only kill the electorate?

[/ QUOTE ]
sigh

shortline99 01-18-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
thebram cannot be the ballot stuffer

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? And don't say because wdc made it because there are 2 stuffers, 2 vote buyers, and 2 bakers.

[/ QUOTE ]
"because"

clowntable 01-18-2007 05:42 PM

I propose lynching iron, I thought initially he might be seer or wolf but he's more a wolf really (were you refering to him earlier btw books?)

dmk 01-18-2007 05:42 PM

mets,

can't it be both?

shortline99 01-18-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I propose lynching iron, I thought initially he might be seer or wolf but he's more a wolf really (were you refering to him earlier btw books?)

[/ QUOTE ]
iron81 cannot be a seer.

MDoranD 01-18-2007 05:43 PM

ELECT MDORAND

BLOC- If you havent already please vote me.

I will have to leave for a few hours, back at around 8:30 PM.

shortline99 01-18-2007 05:43 PM

by the way, if anyone gets elected and they try to kill herbie, if i am the assassin i will kill them even if they are a member of the voting bloc

Iron_Yuppie 01-18-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That reminds me that I made a post earlier that no one seemed to understand.

Put simply (and I know DMK would agree with me) if I was the assassin I would be killing someone every single day that I was eligible. I think it is a positive move for the village and it is just too much fun to pass up.

[/ QUOTE ]

The earlier post you refer to struck me as kind of strange; you and StephenH just killed a wolf, so the only viable assassination target last night was fnord. So, if the assassin was somebody that felt fnord was a likely villager (and most seemed to) it is no great surprise that the assassin didn't choose to use his kill.

In fact, given our large amount of power villagers, and the fact that we are going to start electing known villagers, it would not be surprising if the assassin was more hesitant than usual to use his kills. That is an advantage to electing suspicious people who will then have a chance to role-claim.