Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Official NBA Regular Season 07-08 Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=509272)

Aces McGee 11-18-2007 09:52 PM

Re: Official NBA Season Thread

The night isn't completely ruined. We got to see Hedo Turkoglu carving a turkey at midcourt.

-McGee

Billy Bibbit 11-18-2007 10:05 PM

I'm not sure why teams ever don't go for the win if they're down by two. Normally a three is worth 1.5x as much as a two, but in that situation it's worth 2x as much (100% chance of winning vs. 50% chance). I'd only go for the tie if someone was completely wide open near the basket.

BobboFitos 11-18-2007 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure why teams ever don't go for the win if they're down by two. Normally a three is worth 1.5x as much as a two, but in that situation it's worth 2x as much (100% chance of winning vs. 50% chance). I'd only go for the tie if someone was completely wide open near the basket.

[/ QUOTE ]
good point, furthermore with KG and posey fouled out the Cs would be shorthanded in an overtime period

TruFloridaGator 11-18-2007 10:36 PM

Magicccccccccc Baby!!!!!

anatta 11-18-2007 11:14 PM

Kobe feeds Bynum for a jam. Bynum is looking strong, confident. Next play, Kobe drives, picks up his dribble at the elbow, gets trapped, throws a behind the back pass backwards to where Bynum was out of on the perimeter, but the kid was crashing the boards, bad pass, ball goes out of bounds. Kobe says something to Bynum blaming him, the kid shakes it off, goes to the other end.

Little [censored] like that, Kobe does it all the time. Just say "my bad, D up now big boy" is that so hard?

Green Kool Aid 11-18-2007 11:19 PM

meh. slept through the game. predicted the loss. from what i did see, dwight howard's offensive repertoire has really improved. i also remember hearing last year KG trashing him for not expanding his offensive game, and that he did.

xorbie 11-18-2007 11:23 PM

Bynum looks like he may live up to last season's hype.

Vyse 11-18-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kobe feeds Bynum for a jam. Bynum is looking strong, confident. Next play, Kobe drives, picks up his dribble at the elbow, gets trapped, throws a behind the back pass backwards to where Bynum was out of on the perimeter, but the kid was crashing the boards, bad pass, ball goes out of bounds. Kobe says something to Bynum blaming him, the kid shakes it off, goes to the other end.

Little [censored] like that, Kobe does it all the time. Just say "my bad, D up now big boy" is that so hard?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kobe is selfish on the court, what do you expect? People love to talk about how blah blah blah is so unselfish in the locker room or whatever, but basketball is one sport where being selfish actually matters on the court. Who cares about locker room stuff.

sethypooh21 11-19-2007 12:05 AM

Any update on Kwame's injury? It looked not good...

kbfc 11-19-2007 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any update on Kwame's injury? It looked not good...

[/ QUOTE ]

Local announce crew said x-rays negative at halftime; he's planning on travelling to the next game.

BTW, I can't believe how much I'm actually enjoying the Lakers this season.